I'm spending some time in the area (NE TN) and I've been studying the Nat Geo maps (French Broad and Nolichucky for this post). I know Paint Creek/Mountain is seeing some use but I'm wondering about the above referenced areas.

The map shows multi-use trails (hike/bike/horse) in these areas. #6 Meadow Creek Mountain is 14 miles and right near the Paint Creek area. #5, 5a, 510a, and 510b are also near by. Strava Heatmap only shows FR 404 near the Meadow Mountain stuff as having light use.

Further north just south of the Sampson Wilderness are more multi-use trails near Round Knob. MTBProject has some of them listed, not great reviews. Trails #2, 13, 19, 21, 22, 195, 194 and then 109 and 1901 north of Sampson Wilderness as well.

My guess is many of these see little use and are typical of old forest service trails for the east coast. Just curious if anyone has been on them or done any exploring in the areas described. I wonder if any user groups (hikers or equestrians) are using these trails. Thanks for any and all info!