Chattanooga- Guild to 5 Points?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Aug 2008

Chattanooga- Guild to 5 Points?

I’ve ridden to the “end” of upper truck starting at Guild. Is it possible to get to the top of Lookout? What trail do I need to continue towards 5 points? Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WillWorkForTrail
    Quote Originally Posted by jhardeman View Post
    I’ve ridden to the “end” of upper truck starting at Guild. Is it possible to get to the top of Lookout? What trail do I need to continue towards 5 points? Thanks!

The bit that connects Upper Truck to the Moonshine trails (Firewater, White Lightning, etc) - is that what you're looking for? Because that's the Jackson Gap trail. That will bring you out across the road from the Covenant soccer fields. Now, here's the thing. Technically, that trail isn't open to MTB. My understanding is it's under evaluation for MTB use, perhaps with some safety updates. Let me tell you why that's a big deal. IF it's approved, it will be the first MTB accessible trail in a federal military park (battle field/historic) in the US. So, for now, it would be best if we stuck to the letter of things and didn't use it. For what it's worth, the trail would be murder as a climb, but as a descent, if this happens, it'll be fantastic.

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Cotharyus View Post
    The bit that connects Upper Truck to the Moonshine trails (Firewater, White Lightning, etc) - is that what you're looking for? Because that's the Jackson Gap trail. That will bring you out across the road from the Covenant soccer fields. Now, here's the thing. Technically, that trail isn't open to MTB. My understanding is it's under evaluation for MTB use, perhaps with some safety updates. Let me tell you why that's a big deal. IF it's approved, it will be the first MTB accessible trail in a federal military park (battle field/historic) in the US. So, for now, it would be best if we stuck to the letter of things and didn't use it. For what it's worth, the trail would be murder as a climb, but as a descent, if this happens, it'll be fantastic.
    Thanks for the response! So there really isn’t an option other than climbing up the highway to get to the top of lookout mountain? If I were to park at Convenent college, can you ride to five points on trail?

WillWorkForTrail
    Quote Originally Posted by jhardeman View Post
    Thanks for the response! So there really isn’t an option other than climbing up the highway to get to the top of lookout mountain? If I were to park at Convenent college, can you ride to five points on trail?

It seems like you might have to ride part of lula lake road for a minute, but in fact, I think if you park at Covenant, you can ride all the way to Cloudland Canyon. I haven't done that personally, but I've been told that once Jackson Gap is open, I will be able to ride from Cloudland to a friend's house in Lookout Valley with something like 2 miles of road, most of which is at the very end to his house.