Bentonville trip report: tl;dr great time- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Oct 2017

Bentonville trip report: tl;dr great time

I got back this week from a riding trip to Bentonville for my 40th b-day. My wife and I came down from Michigan and after seeing the various Youtube videos from a year ago I was really excited to hit a more ride friendly place.

There was definitely some weather dodging as we flew in Friday and the rain had been nuts and kept going through Saturday. We were struggling to find something to ride Sunday but did find the back 40 loop was amazingly good. Saturday we spent the day at slaughter pen, and Monday we went back and did some more of the back 40 with floride and SBAT back up to the truck.

We stayed at an airbnb (https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/6194634) that was awesome and right in town that we walked to meals most of the time. Max at Phat Tire bikes was great with the rental for my wife and giving us a ton of great advice on trails to try and places to grab food.

On the non-riding front we avoided the rain with some museum time and there's plenty to full time with.

This was my first time traveling to ride and it went so well my wife was so excited heading home she can't wait to come back. Everywhere should have such a great trail report setup (How are the Trails? | Arkansas Outside) which we used multiple times a day. I'll definitely be filing more ride reports in mtbproject or trailforks now that I've seen how nice it can be when done well.

Thanks for hosting us down South and can't wait to get head back down. There's so much we didn't get to yet.

mtbr member
    Mar 2018
    Glad you and the wife had a good time! Bummer about the weather. You definitely hit us in monsoon, but it sounds like you managed to salvage the trip. Come back and see us soon.