Bentonville in late Autumn- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Bentonville in late Autumn

I am going to be driving back to Vermont from an extended stay in the Southwest and passing through Bentonville in late November. What can I expect for trail conditions? What recommendations would you make for that time of year? Any good RV campgrounds close in?

Thanks,
    Wardo

mtbr member
    You can expect generally awesome trail conditions. Usually dry, temps are much lower than summer and the bugs and humidity are gone. Perfect time to be on a bike.

I don't know what you mean by "recommendations"... maybe long-fingered gloves? Tights?

I'll have to leave the RV question to others.

mtbr member
    Nov 2016
    Blowing Springs has an RV park and is an amazing base camp for all things Bentonville.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    I was thinking trail recommendations. I imagined if things were likely to be wet, etc, local knowledge would keep me off the delicate stuff. Being a Vermonter, I have cold weather riding dialed!

Thanks,
    Wardo

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by tuckerjt07 View Post
    Blowing Springs has an RV park and is an amazing base camp for all things Bentonville.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    Thanks!

Wardo

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by wardo78 View Post
    I was thinking trail recommendations. I imagined if things were likely to be wet, etc, local knowledge would keep me off the delicate stuff. Being a Vermonter, I have cold weather riding dialed!

Thanks,
    Wardo
    I bet you do! It's not likely to be near as cold down here.

In wet weather, folks here can still ride most days on what they call the "wet weather loop" of the back 40. If you join the Back 40 trail conditions page on facebook, there's a guy who often posts a map. It's about a 10 mile loop; Hobbs State Park is also almost always dry enough to ride as well, that's about 15-20 miles east of Bentonville.

You'll probably see a lot of nice weather though, and if you're camped in Blowing Springs you'll have the whole of the Back 40 at your fingertips (they are connected). You'll also be very close to Color Mountain Bike Preserve.

You may have already, but you should check out the Oz Trails website at OZ Trails . I'll point out Kessler as a personal favorite to the South. There's Eureka if you like downhills. And one trail that's still so new that it's not on their website but it sure needs to be is Fitzgerald Mountain in Springdale. Mind-blowing new trail development is showcased on this one.

Something for everyone, my friend... you'll have a lot of fun down here.