Bearhoti!! Definitely one of my favorite rides in GA. (Video link)- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jan 2012

Bearhoti!! Definitely one of my favorite rides in GA. (Video link)

Finally got around to giving this ride a go, and boy did it not disappoint. I've already ridden it twice since, and just biked the full ride instead of shuttling.

Semi Sendy - Bearhoti

Once we get through this pandemic, I urge anyone who has considered visiting this area to go check out Mulberry Gap Outfitters. They are an awesome group of folks, and they'll need our business when the time comes!

The full ride version we've been doing is listed as the "Elijah Sampler" on Trailforks: https://www.trailforks.com/route/ellijay-sampler/

mtbr member
    Mar 2014
    Did this last year. Awesome ride. I visited my dad up there on a job training visit and rented a bike in Elijay.

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by biker_soldier101 View Post
    Did this last year. Awesome ride. I visited my dad up there on a job training visit and rented a bike in Elijay.
    That's awesome! I saw your other post, and Bearhoti is open and relatively clean as of last weekend.

mtbr member
    Definitely a fun ride. Last time I was there the access road to the top was bad enough that they weren't shuttling. Nice 50 min ride up in peanut butter mud.

WillWorkForTrail
    Did this as part of a ~20 mile set of shuttles yesterday. This particular shuttle started at the top of mountain town and dropped down to bear creek, and out Pinhotti 1. It was a heck of a way to end a day of riding.

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Bacon Fat View Post
    Definitely a fun ride. Last time I was there the access road to the top was bad enough that they weren't shuttling. Nice 50 min ride up in peanut butter mud.
    Ohhhh, I bet that was a burner! We went back and did it without shuttle a few weeks later. No mud but there was some sections of large loose gravel that laid it on. I really enjoyed it as a full ride like that. We parked at the end of P2 so it was nice to finish right at the car after such a great DH section.

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Cotharyus View Post
    Did this as part of a ~20 mile set of shuttles yesterday. This particular shuttle started at the top of mountain town and dropped down to bear creek, and out Pinhotti 1. It was a heck of a way to end a day of riding.
    That's awesome, what else did you hit?

WillWorkForTrail
    I know we dropped down Pinhotti 3 at one point, and were scheduled to end going down Pinhotti 2 but ran out of time. Everything else is a bit of a blur - I was literally just along for the ride as a guest of the guy who set the whole thing up. We had 4 trucks and a solid crew who knew the area. Iíd been there twice before and that was 20 years ago, some of the Pinhotti stuff hadnít been built yet I donít think. The only thing Iím dead certain about is, Iíd go back and do it again in a heartbeat.