Arkansas may be in need of it's own board- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Arkansas may be in need of it's own board

How many of these trails have you rolled? Here is what the locals are listing as their favorites. You'll have to put together a few really long weekends to get all these.

Top 10 Mountain Bike Trails in Arkansas
    Visit us here: ArkansasOutside.com

mtbr member
    Totally agree, we have great collection of trails across the state. The development in the last 10 years has been incredible.

I live in NWA and have been riding for close to 20 years, but have only checked off 6 of the locations on that list.

My curiosity is piqued at that new Hot Springs trail network, seems very popular.
    2018 RM Thunderbolt BC Edition
    2019 RM Altitude C50

mtbr member
    Nov 2006
    I have ridden Iron Mountain and it was damn AWESOME! I have seen Arkansas making a push as a cycling tourist destination (more road biking though), and I agree the riding is spectacular, the community is so kind and special.

mtbr member
    I've ridden 8 of those, but some of my favorite Arkansas trails didn't make the list.

I keep a list of trails I've ridden and I'm currently at 20 in Arkansas, but there are still a lot I haven't had a chance to ride yet

mtbr member
    I've ridden 6. Basically all of them in NWA. That said, even more trails have been built in the last year that should also make the list... or maybe top 10 is too small a list? I agree, give us our own page!

mtbr member
    I'm excited to discover a section of the new Lake Wedington trail system called "Twin Mountains"... it's hidden off in it's own corner but it absolutely should be in the running for top ten in Arkansas. Rockwork is similar to Fitzgerald. Anyone else been out there?

mtbr member
    Dec 2018
    I live in Hot Springs, so Northwoods and Cedarglades are "home". Womble (IMBA Epic trail), LOViT and the OT are right down the road. Northwoods is a new (and awesome) trail system that connects with the older Cedarglades. CG is about to get a major overhaul. It's a great time to be riding a bike in Arkansas.

I rode Iron Mountain last weekend. Tons of fun to be had down there, too.

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    Agreed AR needs it's own page. Spent the first of what will be many trips to NWA in Bentonville a couple weeks back. The trails were great especially the downhill section of Ozone and Barn Burner. Also the downhill that's being worked at the north end of Slaughter Pen looks like it will be a blast to ride once it's complete.

mtbr member
    Mar 2018
    Multiple ongoing and planned builds I'm most excited about:

1) Mt. Nebo: if you don't follow Rock Solid Designs on instagram, you might not be aware, but they're currently on Nebo building some pretty awesome looking gravity flow.

2) Ponca Trails: Buffalo Outdoor Center has Progressive Trail Designs building some gnarly gravity oriented trails out in the Buffalo area. Pics I've seen show some really cool features.

3) Hobbs expansion: talked to Phil Penny from Rogue Trails a week or so ago, and everything he told me about this project got me very excited. Sounds like Hobbs is going to get some much needed variety.

4) Devil's Den: Rogue has also, evidently, been tapped to lead this project which is going to give the "birthplace" of Arkansas mountain biking some overdue love.

5) 11-Under: I love Back40, so more of this will be awesome. I hope it has some good weather resistant sections on it.

6) Mt. Magazine: mainly seems to be myths and rumor at this point, but I've heard enough confirmation from good sources that this is happening sooner rather than later and that lift access is planned as part of the project. Evidently Mt. Magazine has same vertical feet available as Angelfire.

Damn it's good to be in Oztrails.

mtbr member
    I donít live in Arkansas, but it does seem strange that you guys are in the same forum as Florida. I posed that question to the moderators a while back and basically got no response. I donít know what the ideal split would be, but having 7 states in one board is a bit unwieldy.
    Friends don let friends ride road bikes.
    http://www.facebook.com/mikebmiller

mtbr member
    Mar 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeridesabike View Post
    I donít live in Arkansas, but it does seem strange that you guys are in the same forum as Florida. I posed that question to the moderators a while back and basically got no response. I donít know what the ideal split would be, but having 7 states in one board is a bit unwieldy.
    Just judging from talking to folks out on our trails, the majority of visitors to the area seem to be from either adjacent states (Texas, Oklahoma, Missouri) or from Midwest states north of us.

mtbr member
    Getting a lot of Colorado also.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by ArkansasOutside View Post
    Getting a lot of Colorado also.
    I met a guy from Carrollton, GA at Blowing Springs this morning. When we finished the loop, we met a couple guys that just arrived from Denver, CO. They were just as pumped to be here as I am to be on Colorado.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    Yes please give Arkansas its own board! There is so much riding there and so many new trails popping up! Setting up dig days and group rides and general local info would be much easier in an Arkansas only forum.

mtbr member
    Agreed!
    www.getbusylivin.org
    Salsa El Mariachi--SS
    Gone-
    Trek SuperFly FS 7
    Airborne Guardian
    Redline Monocog Flight

mtbr member
    Lately it seems at least 50% of the riders I encounter on the trail are from out of state. That tells me we are becoming a destination state for mtn bikers. Can we just get our own forum for Arkansas please?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir kayakalot View Post
    Lately it seems at least 50% of the riders I encounter on the trail are from out of state. That tells me we are becoming a destination state for mtn bikers.
    As a rider from Texas, I tend to agree. Many years ago I discovered Leatherwood in Eureka Springs. Like 15 years ago. Now, NW Arkansas is a regular destination, and it seems about the same to me (not scientific, just guessing)... 50/50 local versus out of state... that I meet on the trails or at various hangouts.

As for the OP's original post...

Quote Originally Posted by ArkansasOutside View Post
    How many of these trails have you rolled? Here is what the locals are listing as their favorites.

Top 10 Mountain Bike Trails in Arkansas
    I've ridden Kessler, Coler, Leatherwood, Back 40, Blowing Springs, Slaugther Pen. Probably hit a couple of the others listed, just don't remember their names. And have definitely ridden many others around the state. For me, Arkansas rates up there with my other MTB destinations like New Mexico, Colorado, Nevada and California. I have to say, though, that trail systems in and around Bentonville seem to the the best developed and maintained trails I experience.
    You didn't quit riding because you're old, you're old because you quit riding.

mtbr member
    Being from Texas, I'm surprised you haven't ridding Northwoods, Iron Mountain or other trails in the Ouachitas yet. So close to home.