Any Treasure Coast Florida riders out there?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jan 2018

Any Treasure Coast Florida riders out there?

New guy on the Treasure Coast. Looking for other riders in the area, see where everyone rides.

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    I'm down in Jupiter so close enough I suppose. Fort Pierce trails are maintained by Airborne MTB club, located off Okeechobee Rd by the turnpike. Need a membership to ride there but good technical singletrack with a surprising amount of climbing.

Halpatioke is in Stuart off Kanner Hwy, ~7 miles of flat singletrack, rooty but some good flow sections, very natural trails with minimal structure/berms/etc.

Jonathan Dickinson is in Hobe Sound on US1, shellrock berms, table tops, skinnies, doubles, and all kinds of craziness. Trail is fastest after the rain, but when it's dry it's a fatbike playground with the sugar sand. I'm actually organizing a race series at JD, next race is a short track on Feb 11th. Check it out on Facebook, Club Scrub or Bikeminded for more info.

-DC
    -DC, just some XC Bum from FL in NW Arkansas

mtbr member
    Nov 2016
    ...^what he said

mtbr member
    Jan 2018
    I've ridden Halipatiokee and Jonathan Dickinson a few times, already joined Club Scrub, still need to join Airborne so I can check out Fort Pierce. Seems like that is pretty much it around here without driving a couple hours in either direction, which on a day off isn't out of the question if the trail is worth the drive.

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    Yup, we've got 3 good options for weekday rides, and way more for a Saturday or Sunday trip within a couple hours. Carter road, Alafia, markham all definitely worth a Saturday or Sunday trip. Quiet waters, Amelia, snow hill, Dyer are all cool too in their own way.

mtbr member
    Anyone in the Port Saint Lucie area looking for a good bike Iíve got a DiamondBack Overdrive Comp for sale in the classifieds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    May 2013
    At least I won't be the first person hijacking this thread ^
    Just a quick question for Treasure Coasties, (Coasters? Coastans...?) Going to be in Hobe Sound next week and my wife and I were thinking of riding at JD. Looking for a recommendation on somewhere to rent from.
    I'm guessing this second part is somewhat less likely, but...anywhere that might be able to drop the bikes off at the park for us?
    If needed we'll just pick up a cheap trunk rack but we've had Village Bike and Paddle drop paddle boards off for us before so you never know...
    Thanks!

mtbr member
    Nov 2016
    I know Village Bike in Jupiter does demos, not sure if theyíll transport.

I wouldnít bother riding JD until we get a lot of rain down this way. The sugar sand out there is terrible right now, to the point that riding out there isnít even fun IMO.

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    JD ain't bad, just sandy on the south end when I rode Sat/Sunday.

Beyond Bikes in Stuart has a full fleet of demos and I think they can deliver, just call the shop and talk to Bryan or Julie. They hosted a mens group ride last weekend, good times.
    https://blog.bikeminded.com/club-scr...-beyond-bikes/
    -DC, just some XC Bum from FL in NW Arkansas

mtbr member
    May 2013
    Thanks for the info! Not used to thinking about trails being too DRY this time of year up here in the Carolinas! (or ever for that matter...)

mtbr member
    Iím a transplant from Cali. Road Markham, Quiet Waters and Delray. Iím exploring North...

Totally different riding. Iím used to thousands of feet of climbing. 🙂

mtbr member
    May 2013
    Just as an update, in case anyone else comes looking for info. We were able to rent bikes from Village Bike and Paddle, a couple fairly low end hardtails at $45 each for a full day rental. (They said they had full sus, too, but that seems overkill I think)
    We rode JD today and it was awesome! You guys definitely have some cool trails down here. What they lack in elevation they certainly make up for in fun man-made features. The folks at the shop told us trails were in the worst possible condition now due to dryness but Iíd say you have it pretty good if this is as bad as it gets! Definitely a lot more loose sand on the south side but that was kind of just a different challenge and still fun in my opinion. Definitely will be riding here more often when we visit in-laws in this area!