Alafia River State Park - GoPro video- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jul 2010

Alafia River State Park - GoPro video

A few of us traveled to Alafia last week. Includes highlights from all of the trails except the greenies. Hope you all enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vmTb9eup5Jk&fmt=22

mtbr member
    Nov 2010

Nice looking video

Alafia is an IMBA epic and your video is pretty awesome. But your video doesn't do the elevation changes their due justice. I haven't seen a video that really captures the elevation changes of any of the trails I have ridden. Thanks for posting the video and if anyone knows of a video that accurately depicts elevations changes let me know where to see it.

BMW 2002, Dodge A100, etc
    Nice video, looks like fun, had a nice day too. We are lucky to have year round riding in FL and Alafia looks killer.

I hate that name.
    Nice stuff, I watched your Amelia vid too, but the constant cuts were killing me. Videos aren't like pics... leave the not so exciting bits in to make it flow better, and don't switch camera positions so often.
    Worked at Trek/Fisher dealer 2008-2013. Only a little biased.

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    Don't listen to blunderbuss...the switches were SWEEET...much better videos than some of the other "pros" around here...here are my minor suggestions:

1. Get rid of the crotch view and switch to a helmet cam...your knees and handle bars get in the way too much

2. Don't skip the best/most technical sections of Moonscape (you missed the best parts).

3. Keep the rear tire view camera - LOVED THAT...was he running Kenda Klaws by chance?

Great vid bro...I live locally and ride it often...love to ride with you sometime!

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    Thanks guys, glad you liked it. It's tough to splice up almost 3 hrs of footage into a youtube vid. We also had two cameras so make it 6 hrs of footage!

cgarolr:

1. That's actually a chest mount, and one of my favorites because the picture quality comes in better b/c the body shields out a lot of the glare. You also get the first person point of view, but to each their own!

2. So much footage so little time! The guy I was riding with is doing a vid as well so I will pass the message along.

3. Kenda Nevegals, and the rear view is sweet!

We rode up from Miami for the day. It was our first time at Alafia. An Epic course for sure! You're lucky to be able to ride it consistently.

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    2. Ya I watched you pass right by the "doom" entrance as well as "no dab ridge"...oh well! Next Time!

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    Ah i miss riding at Alafia. I've been there twice for the Alafia Fat Tire Festival and this year me and my buddies also had 2 gopro's but didn't take much video, we did however have thousands of pics thanks to 2 second mode. In my opinion Alafia is one of the best trails florida has to offer, next to balm boyette and Santos.

great vid

youtube.com/quik564
    Apr 2008
    Great vid flipmodious, glad we made it up there... Alafia was definitely EPIC! Hopefully I'll have my vid done soon...

Members who have read this thread: 0