combine 29er bikes and 29er components forum..looks silly- Mtbr.com
    I like turtles

combine 29er bikes and 29er components forum..looks silly

You have a forum called "26", "27.5", then "29er bikes" and "29er components". Just combine the two 29er ones into one called "29er" for the sake of consistency!

Thanks.
    Geologist by trade...bicycle mechanic (former) by the grace of God!

2018 Niner RKT 9 RDO - enduro AF

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    Been done. Too many new topics pushed things down too fast was the reasoning. Function before looks.

since 4/10/2009
    the "too many topics" thing is because people post crap in those forums that has nothing to do with wheel size, simply because they ride a 29er.

This forum has reached a point where there are SO MANY subforums that people lose track of where topics really belong.

If TPTB really cared about "function" of the forums, they'd restructure the whole thing.

We have a bike brands section that's really kinda "meh". We have regional subgroupings that make a bit more sense, but some of the state groups are clumsy. What I think would make a LOT of sense would be to have the "Classic" section split up.

There should be a "Riding and Events" or similar group that would include forums like Passion, General, Vacations, Women's Lounge, Trailbuilding, various types of racing, etc. A "Bikes" group where you'd put forums addressing bikes and frames. A "Components and Accessories" group where you'd put related forums.

I like turtles
    ^^^Sounds like a good idea! Agree on the point of folks posting crap under "29er components" that should go under brakes, drivetrains, etc. I think at this point, the wheelsize forums are kind of silly b/c really, they are all bikes and need the same components.
    Geologist by trade...bicycle mechanic (former) by the grace of God!

2018 Niner RKT 9 RDO - enduro AF

mtbr member
    Sep 2000
    Thanks for the interesting feedback guys. I have in fact, created a new forum called "Components" for discussions of dropper posts, bars, stems, seatposts and saddles. This forum was largely created because General was getting overrun with dropper post threads.

However, it may now create confusion since we also have a 29er Components forum. We may in fact, combine 29ers and 29er components back into one. At the time, it seemed to make sense, but now, maybe not so much.

-g