Zion EBB Owners - What forks do you run?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Mar 2005

Zion EBB Owners - What forks do you run?

Hi,

I've got a last years Zion EBB, and I have some 2005 Marathon XC.s. These forks are 100 - 120mm travel, so I think they're on the long side, so not sure if I should sell them, or just ride them in the 105mm setting.

I don't want a 'race' bike, but I also don't want a bike that is laid back and not suitable for XC.

Thanks,

-Chris

Mtn Biker Machinist

A-C length?

Measure the axle to crown length of your fork set at 105mm. An 80mm suspension fork is about 430mm taking into consideration sag. So a 100mm fork would be about 450mm with sag.

I run a surly rigid fork on my Zion that is about 410mm axle to crown, but I run it with a 29" front wheel. I would throw the zoke on there set at 105mm and ride it, if it feels good, do it, if not, sell it! good luck

Nightriding rules SuperModerator
    I run marzocchi MX Comps with ETA on mine and love how it handles.

Cheers,
    Cris

mtbr member
    Right now, a crappy Rockshox pilot...will probably upgrade to a Marz. MX Comp or a Reba (set to 85mm) when the Pilot dies.

mtbr member
    I have been riding this frame with a rigid Kelly 438mm AC steel fork. This height works exellent!

E

Mtn Biker Machinist

Thinking about it for a day...

with the surly rigid fork(410mm a-c) and 29" front wheel, it would be like running a 448mm front fork which is the length of a rigid fork suspension corrected for 100mm. The handling is great offroad, but it does steer a bit slow on the pavement. That may only be due to the 29" front wheel, not the head tube angle, who knows?

frog

tmb
    When in doubt- turn left
    Feb 2004
    '03 MX Pro Air 105mm on my new Zion EBB. Love the handling, I think an 80mm would be too quick for my liking. But then again, I'm also runnin' Trailbear 2.25's f&r and a Titec Hell-bent DH bar. So a light weight, xc racer, she ain't.

Bicyclochondriac.
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by stillkeen
    Hi,

I've got a last years Zion EBB, and I have some 2005 Marathon XC.s. These forks are 100 - 120mm travel, so I think they're on the long side, so not sure if I should sell them, or just ride them in the 105mm setting.

I don't want a 'race' bike, but I also don't want a bike that is laid back and not suitable for XC.

Thanks,

-Chris
    I'm running a `00 X-Vert Super reduced to 93mm travel and the height feels perfect to me.

Members who have read this thread: 0