Zion 853ebb seat clamp size?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Zion 853ebb seat clamp size?

Not sure why Jenson dose not include a seatpost clamp on their Zion frames...but I'm having a hard finding the correct size. The specs say a 30mm clamp for a 27.2mm post...I found a 30mm clamp, but it seemed way too tight for the 27.2 seatpost....just curious what other Zion owners have used. The silly post clamp is the only thing left on my build...I really want to get out and get this bike dirty!!

Mtn Biker Machinist

30.0mm worked fine

I ordered a 30.0 mm salsa seatpost clamp with my zion frame from Jenson, and it works fine! Not assuming you're stupid, but did you try loosening the nut a bit? If it slides down over the seat collar, and you in fact have a 27.2 mm post, there should be no problem? Maybe post some pics, other than that, no reason it shouldn't work. Good Luck

Nightriding rules SuperModerator

Ditto the 30.0

Quote Originally Posted by GregC
    Not sure why Jenson dose not include a seatpost clamp on their Zion frames...but I'm having a hard finding the correct size. The specs say a 30mm clamp for a 27.2mm post...I found a 30mm clamp, but it seemed way too tight for the 27.2 seatpost....just curious what other Zion owners have used. The silly post clamp is the only thing left on my build...I really want to get out and get this bike dirty!!
    I have one on my Zion and it works flawlessly.

Cheers,
    Cristián

mtbr member
    Thanks for the replies...you guys are right, it's a 30mm clamp, and I thought I had a 30mm clamp...but it turns out that the kid at Performance who sold me the clamp is clueless when it comes to measuring things with a calilper I learned my lesson...never assume the kid at the shop has a clue and take the frame in to test it out!

Mtn Biker Machinist

no surprise there!

It scares me more and more to ask technical questions to the kids at the LBS. There are about 3 guys at mine that I always end up talking to, even if one of the kids helps me first. Mostly because the kids have no clue what I am even talking about, and they have to default to the older, wiser sages of the shop! Enjoy that frame, and post pics when you finish the build!

Members who have read this thread: 0