Zion 853 EBB...?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Aug 2004

Zion 853 EBB...?

has anyone bought or seen one of the zion 853 EBB frames from jenson? just wondering how they are in real life, since the website doesn't have a whole lot to say...

Kam
    A hopped on pop.

no ride reviews yet...

i haven't seen a ride review yet...hopefully someone will chime in. it thought there'd be a few seeing that people seemed excited about it.

i have actually met a guy who works for jenson a month or two ago. he was pretty stoked about the zion ebb frames. he did tell me that the frames have less eccentric travel than the standard ebb. i'm not sure if this is true...and this guy usually rides a trek liquid.

if it were me??? i'd get a kona unit. same price, maybe lighter, and better warranty. just my 2 cents.

cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by jualn
    has anyone bought or seen one of the zion 853 EBB frames from jenson? just wondering how they are in real life, since the website doesn't have a whole lot to say...

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kam
    i haven't seen a ride review yet...hopefully someone will chime in. it thought there'd be a few seeing that people seemed excited about it.

i have actually met a guy who works for jenson a month or two ago. he was pretty stoked about the zion ebb frames. he did tell me that the frames have less eccentric travel than the standard ebb. i'm not sure if this is true...and this guy usually rides a trek liquid.

if it were me??? i'd get a kona unit. same price, maybe lighter, and better warranty. just my 2 cents.

cheers!
    I second that, plus the 853 EBB with the EBB insert tips the scales at 5.33lbs for a 19" if my memory serves correctly, so I believe the Kona would save you some weight too at somewhere around 4.5lbs. Plus they're only $399 new over at Bikeman.com and you get adjustable dropouts, so its no real loss over the EBB.

I was all stoked on getting one of the 853EBBs when I first heard. I actually ordered one but then when teh weight figure came out I cancelled my order. I don't consider myself a serious weight weenie but that is pretty hefty to me. Plus one of the reasons I was upgrading was to cut some weight.

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    Kona Explosif or Unit all the way.