You can't keep a SS'er down- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jun 2005

You can't keep a SS'er down

The handsome chap in the photos was descending in the Malvern Hills last weekend on his Rig with rigid forks when a ditch suddenly appeared...... resulting in some bent bars, a blow to the head and three broken bones in his arm. He still didn't want to miss our regular wednesday night ride though; riding his regular SS was out of the question so he put an old URT into service. He also came up with a novel, but fairly radical, way of saving weight on this fairly unique beast. He did the ride though, although he had to walk up the really steep climbs. For the last descent we had a choice: smooth and swoopy, or steep and cobbly with a big drop on the left hand side. We picked the smooth one for our companions sake, but we managed to lose him halfway down. Turned out he had taken a wrong turn and gone the steep rocky one by mistake. When we got to the pub afterwards I asked him if he had actually enjoyed it. He said he had, but the last descent was pretty scary - every time he pulls the brake lever too hard the bike suddenly veers to right.
    Any get well wishes will be passed on to him - his name is Richard, by the way.
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    OMG, don't tell me he rings the bell and controls the light too! Climbing out of the saddle must be squirelly. Seriously though that must have been a bad blow to the head. Tell him, get well but don't ride yet.

mtbr member
    Jun 2005
    He was actually climbing fairly quickly until he got to the point where he would have got out of the saddle, where he had to wildly zig zag across the trail to try to make it less steep. I think last night was the only time I've ever beaten him up a climb

Members who have read this thread: 0