Yet another On-One Inbred hits the trails- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Mar 2005

Yet another On-One Inbred hits the trails

Yet another JensonUSA On-One Inbred is complete! I've been enjoying singlespeeding on a converted Cannondale for ~6 months, and my grand plan has been to get a Spicer or Retrotec cruiser frame and bling it out. I've been collecting parts for the day I'd be able to afford the frame, and when the JensonUSA deal popped up, it seemed like a great place to put the collection of parts for the time being. All I needed to buy was a headset and a seatpost binder.

Bike setup is:
    + 20" sliding-dropout Inbred
    + Marzocchi Marathon XC
    + Mavic XM819s, Phil Wood KISS disc hubs, Panaracer UST tires
    + Hope Mono Minis (160mm)
    + Thomson seatpost, WTB Speed V saddle (titanium rails -- $50 at Performance!)
    + RaceFace Deus X-Type cranks, Surly 34T stainless chainring
    + Shimano 737 pedals
    + White Ind 17T freewheel
    + Jones H-Bar, Thomson stem
    + a bell

The Marzocchi Marathon XC is on loan from my Turner for the time being ... still unsure if I want to go with the simplicity of a rigid fork or stick with the comfort of a sprung (the Marz is set at ~4", and with the preload, should be around 440mm A-C).

While the bike was ready for the trail, I wasn't. I've been off the bikes since Thanksgiving, and the 2:1 was killing me on the hills. I'll swap to a 22T freewheel until I'm back in shape.

The Jones H-Bars are very nice and I appreciated the different hand positions. At least climbing with my thumbs hooked over the extensions and descending on the swept back portion.

Trail rider and racer
    That looks sweet as.
    Trev!

Nightriding rules SuperModerator

Looks awesome...

Great build!

Cheers,
    Cris

Peace & Love
    dude...a VERY nice build. I love the hubs and matching silver cranks, seatpost, collar.

mtbr member
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by FoShizzle
    dude...a VERY nice build. I love the hubs and matching silver cranks, seatpost, collar.
    Ah!, that's quite the compliment. It was pics of _YOUR_ Phil Wood SS that convinced me handlebars and stems didn't need to be black. Unfortunately the spare stem was black, but once I figure out the best size for the H-bars I'll be replacing it with something a little shinier. I can't do anything about the finish on the Ti Jones bars though.

The silver Salsa QR skewer on the front wheel looks a little out of place with the gray, black, and gold of the Marz fork and Hope calipers, so that may be the reason to get On-One's rigid fork.

mtbr member
    Sep 2005

Always Good

It's always good to see another ON-ONE released into the wild... enjoy!

Members who have read this thread: 0