YESS ETR-B and 73mm???- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

YESS ETR-B and 73mm???

Looking to convert my Giant XTC to SS and would like to use the YESS ETR-B tensioner but am unsure if it will work with a 73mm BB.(?) Anyone know if will work or not? Thanks.

mtbr member
    It goes in place of the 1 spacer you'd normally put on the drive side of an X type BB
    Giant Trance Advanced SL0
    Black Cat 26 " SS

mtbr member
    That's where I question whether or not it will work with my crank and 73mm BB? I have a Truvativ Noir crankset and in combination with a 73mm BB no spacers are used. That is unless I have it set up wrong to begin with. I'm using Truvativ Team GXP cups if that makes a difference.

HHL
    Que je suis bete!
    Nov 2004
    There is quite a bit of lateral adjustability in the pulley flywheel on that tensioner. I wouldn't think 68 or 73 would be a problem. I have a 68 bb with a spacer and had no problem creating a good chainline. It could adjust further out, if need be.

mtbr member
    If you don't need a spacer, (which you don't with the GXP on a 73mm shell) then you have no spacer to replace with the ETR-B.

Sad Panda says no.
    Black Cat 26 " SS

i ride bikez!!11!
    Aug 2006
    Actually if you look at crankset as it is, I bet you'll see some distance between the driveside cup and the crankarm. On Truvativ cranks the spindle stops when the stepped part hits the NDS bearing, NOT when the arm itself bottoms out on the DS cup like Shimano. Take a look and you'll see. I think you will be fine.

mtbr member
    Pics of this?
    Black Cat 26 " SS

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    Yep. There is exposed spindle. If it wouldn't work then SRAM would advertise them as not E-Type compatible. You can probably sneak it in there without any issues.

mtbr member
    I would think it would throw the tolerances off if I put it in there since everything fits snug as it is. I guess what I can do is disassemle the crank and try running just a spacer in the drive side. If it works ok then I guess the tensioner would work as well.

mtbr member
    So what would keep the spindle for flopping back and forth in the bottom bracket shell?
    Black Cat 26 " SS

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by mtnbikerfred
    So what would keep the spindle for flopping back and forth in the bottom bracket shell?
    I just read the technical document on Sram's website for the crank and I see what others are saying. The non-drive side of the spindle has a shoulder that seats against the non-drive side bearing. The non-drive side crank arm pulls the shoulder tight against the bearing while the drive side of the spindle floats axially in the bearing. Designed to eliminate/reduce side load on the bearings. There IS a gap between the drive side crank arm and bearing but I'm not sure if it is big enough to accomodate a spacer? I'll find out in the next day or so though.

Members who have read this thread: 0