XTR Chainring- Mtbr.com

Thread: XTR Chainring

SS Madness

XTR Chainring

I am wondering what brands of chainrings are available for my XTR cranks. I want to use a spiderless setup. I know Spot and Jericho make them. Any other brands available?

Appalachian Singletrack'n

Probably just Spot

I cant find Jerico ones for sale anymore and contacting them is impossable, Bruce Boone was looking into producing one but I havent heard anything about that project in a while. I think a euro company had one once but no longer. The spot rings are very nice though.

zeebot
    Quote Originally Posted by Endomaniac
    I cant find Jerico ones for sale anymore and contacting them is impossable, Bruce Boone was looking into producing one but I havent heard anything about that project in a while. I think a euro company had one once but no longer. The spot rings are very nice though.

spot is the only i found but they are about impossible to get unless you dont mind waiting for a really long time. I ended up getting an A.C. 5 bolt spider for my XTR cranks and getting spots standard 34T because those are actually in stock, quite a bit cheaper, and probably smarter in the long run because you just have to get the new ring for 40 bucks instead of dumping another 100 for the spiderless version. also, it gives you many more options instead of just being locked into a 34T spiderless version.

Medium?

Nashbar closeout 39t for $5

I don't have a link, but someone posted it last week. It's also in their latest catalog.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by xjohnnyx
    I am wondering what brands of chainrings are available for my XTR cranks. I want to use a spiderless setup. I know Spot and Jericho make them. Any other brands available?
    There's a UK company that machines them up, they are a little hard to get hold of, need to talk to the right guy as the MTB part has closed as such and they are just slowly selling off the old stock, I got a couple off them a couple of weeks ago for around 20 GBP each.
    They do 31,32,33,34's so quite handy if you are trying to run a standard dropout singlespeed, I you want I can see if I can get hold of one for you, shipping would only be around $10

SS Madness

Cool

K...I need a 34t. Can you check into it?

There's a UK company that machines them up, they are a little hard to get hold of, need to talk to the right guy as the MTB part has closed as such and they are just slowly selling off the old stock, I got a couple off them a couple of weeks ago for around 20 GBP each.
    They do 31,32,33,34's so quite handy if you are trying to run a standard dropout singlespeed, I you want I can see if I can get hold of one for you, shipping would only be around $10

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Forge MTB?

Have you a phone number for Forge (it was them making the rings wasn't it?) as I thought they'd closed completely, didn't realise they were still selling off old stock...

Ian