x-post ( virginia/WV local . . ) help with singlespeeding griswold vacation !!- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jan 2004

x-post ( virginia/WV local . . ) help with singlespeeding griswold vacation !!

hey-o. i asked this of the regional BBs as well, but everybody knows SSers are more hooked up, and more inclined to help a guy out.

it seems myself, my hot-rod 13 y/o SS daughter, the wife and cool skateboader son ( geared riders, those last two . . . . . . ) are gonna go do the historic williamsburg birthplace of our country family trip this spring. talkin late mar/early april. see the guys in the funny hats shooting their musket balls, find thomas jefferson's root cellar, whatever.

we would like to also get in some riding along the way, during, or after. we're comin from the hellish cold spring of northern wisconsin. SS-friendly would be super-keen. the kids can ride and all - race all summer, but are not that old ( 13 and 11) so the epicness has to be under control.

any of ya'll from 'round there ?? any must ride trails, be-sure-to-avoids, friendly hints, etc etc ???

on a further SS related note - it is a good bet that having fulfilled my fatherly duies with this griswold vaca, the light is gonna be green for this old bald fat-guy from wisconsin to make the scene at SSWC !! tell scoutdog to gas up the van !!!!

zeebot
    Quote Originally Posted by mon t
    hey-o. i asked this of the regional BBs as well, but everybody knows SSers are more hooked up, and more inclined to help a guy out.

it seems myself, my hot-rod 13 y/o SS daughter, the wife and cool skateboader son ( geared riders, those last two . . . . . . ) are gonna go do the historic williamsburg birthplace of our country family trip this spring. talkin late mar/early april. see the guys in the funny hats shooting their musket balls, find thomas jefferson's root cellar, whatever.

we would like to also get in some riding along the way, during, or after. we're comin from the hellish cold spring of northern wisconsin. SS-friendly would be super-keen. the kids can ride and all - race all summer, but are not that old ( 13 and 11) so the epicness has to be under control.

any of ya'll from 'round there ?? any must ride trails, be-sure-to-avoids, friendly hints, etc etc ???

on a further SS related note - it is a good bet that having fulfilled my fatherly duies with this griswold vaca, the light is gonna be green for this old bald fat-guy from wisconsin to make the scene at SSWC !! tell scoutdog to gas up the van !!!!
    I'm not a local but have ridden there a few times this past year in the Harrisonburg, VA area. I've only done major epic type stuff down there so can't recommend trails like that for your kids, but I would suggest calling the bike shop and getting info from them: http://www.shenandoahbicycle.com/home.html

Very cool shop. Tim(owner) has saved my ass two times now while down in their territory!

I like to ride bikes!

So cool!

I'm fillin her up as I write this!!! Post your RSVP on rat riders, so we can drum up some more trippers.

mtbr member
    Feb 2005

more-mtb.org

I recommend you try a message board on the MORE's website. Not just for single speeders but they manage alot of the trails you are asking about. You would probably get alot more responses.

Members who have read this thread: 0