WTB Single Duty Hub chainline adjustment- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

WTB Single Duty Hub chainline adjustment

Hello all. I have been running a converted 3x9 as a SS (32t with bash and now granny) and 20t in the back for the past 9 months. There is a local rider that picked up a bike and already has a wheelset for it so he is dumping the ones that came with it. They are the WTB Laserdisc Trails with the Single Duty as the rear and the Lite hub up front. He is selling them with Nevagals set-up tubeless for $350.

Is this a decent price for like new wheels and rubber? Also, more importantly I am sticking with the same BB and crank so will I have the ability to adjust the chainline in the back with spacers like I did with the 9 speed hub? Or is there not enough free hub to properly adjust the chainline on my converted steed? Thanks!

jl
    climb
    Quote Originally Posted by mlk3454
    Or is there not enough free hub to properly adjust the chainline on my converted steed? Thanks!
    You will have no problem with some spacers on the back.

Not the current setup, back to 'pure' single speed with a freewheel.
    We don't need more to be thankful for; we just need to be more thankful.

mtbr member
    That sounds good.

Does $350 seem like a decent deal for both wheels/rubber?

Combat Wombat
    Quote Originally Posted by mlk3454
    That sounds good.

Does $350 seem like a decent deal for both wheels/rubber?
    That is a fair price. I have set of these same wheels that I purchased under a similar situation as yours three years ago. The only real issue I had was very uneven spoke tension, so I had someone I know at a LBS give them the once over for me. Knock on wood, but they have been solid ever since. I will point out a couple things that you should keep in mind before buying, the Single Duty freehub has a very noticeable slow engagement. This never used to be an issue for me, but this last year I started spending more time riding certain areas of a local trail that requires me to rachet the crank to clear obstacles. One other thing to keep in mind about these wheels and again tied to the Single Duty freehub, these are fair weather hubs. The cam type engagement for the pawls works well, as long as its kept relatively clean. If you regularly ride wet, nasty conditions, the seals will not keep up. On the upside, they are very easy to service and being a cassette type freehub, there is room to move a cog around to adjust chainline.

Members who have read this thread: 0