this will be a very good weekend.- Mtbr.com
Results 1 to 28 of 28
  1. #1
    Whiskey Tango Foxtrot
    Reputation: eSSq's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    522

    Good job! this will be a very good weekend.

    at lunch today i will pick up a star nut and some headset spacers. then tonight, after i get my hair cut at great clips and fish tacos at wahoos, i will finish building my duke blue chameleon. i have had the frame since before valentines day; it's been killing me getting all the parts together.

    since it rained last night, my local trails will be too soggy to ride, so it will be off to the san juan trail for the check ride on my new steed. later that day, i will wash my car and then drive to san diego to meet my sister and my cousin for more mexican food in old town. and huuuger margaritas. mariachis, too!

    perhaps, on the way to san diego, i should stop in san marcos at the stone brewery. yes, i think so. (www.stonebrew.com)

    sunday, hopefully my local trails will be dry, otherwise it could be the santiago truck trail, which sheds water nicely, or else a road ride on the coast (maintaining constant vigilance for hbfks in white lexus suvs with uber-tacky gold kits).

    anyone else have their weekend mapped?
    Last edited by eSSq; 04-02-2004 at 10:32 AM. Reason: mtbr's bad word filters chug co ck.

  2. #2
    You Are What You Is
    Reputation: P-Funk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    920
    Quote Originally Posted by eSSq
    at lunch today i will pick up a star nut and some headset spacers. then tonight, after i get my hair cut at great clips and fish tacos at wahoos, i will finish building my duke blue chameleon. i have had the frame since before valentines day; it's been killing me getting all the parts together.

    since it rained last night, my local trails will be too soggy to ride, so it will be off to the san juan trail for the check ride on my new steed. later that day, i will wash my car and then drive to san diego to meet my sister and my cousin for more mexican food in old town. and huuuger margaritas. mariachis, too!

    perhaps, on the way to san diego, i should stop in san marcos at the stone brewery. yes, i think so. (www.arrogant*******.com)

    sunday, hopefully my local trails will be dry, otherwise it could be the santiago truck trail, which sheds water nicely, or else a road ride on the coast (maintaining constant vigilance for hbfks in white lexus suvs with uber-tacky gold kits).

    anyone else have their weekend mapped?
    Duke Blue - good color. My Bullit is the same. Man, I'd like to join you for a San Juan ss ride but my weekend is booked. Overtime followed by family stuff. I'll probably sneak some kind of ride in though. Have fun! Take some pics of the new ss at SJT.

  3. #3
    USB Rep'n
    Reputation: namaSSte's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    2,413
    Quote Originally Posted by eSSq
    at lunch today i will pick up a star nut and some headset spacers. then tonight, after i get my hair cut at great clips and fish tacos at wahoos, i will finish building my duke blue chameleon. i have had the frame since before valentines day; it's been killing me getting all the parts together.

    since it rained last night, my local trails will be too soggy to ride, so it will be off to the san juan trail for the check ride on my new steed. later that day, i will wash my car and then drive to san diego to meet my sister and my cousin for more mexican food in old town. and huuuger margaritas. mariachis, too!

    perhaps, on the way to san diego, i should stop in san marcos at the stone brewery. yes, i think so. (www.arrogant*******.com)

    sunday, hopefully my local trails will be dry, otherwise it could be the santiago truck trail, which sheds water nicely, or else a road ride on the coast (maintaining constant vigilance for hbfks in white lexus suvs with uber-tacky gold kits).

    anyone else have their weekend mapped?

    about freakin time!!! dude, how can I live vicariously through you when you've been handling things this way? make sure you let us know how things go and for cryin' out loud, build that lizard, screw the haircut!
    though hope is frail, it must prevail - Taj Weekes

    betam eh-wud-eh-HA-lehu y
    eh-nay Ityopia!

  4. #4
    mtbr member
    Reputation: PROGRE-SS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    255

    This will be my weekend.

    This afternoon I will be going to an LBS that is sadly closing this weekend and purchase some basics such as brake pads, cable housing, tires for my recently finished SS roadie, and some tubes. And maybe a new headset. And some mtb tires. And if he still has some shorts in my size. I may also buy some mtb rims for a SS specific rear wheel and extra wheelset I'd like to buiild myself in the near future. Don't know what rims he has but they are going for $10-$30. Hoping he has spokes too! I'll just get hubs another day as I don't think he has any left. He's also selling whatever tools he has that aren't accounted for so I may pick up some of those. Perhaps a stand too. Good thing I got paid this week eh? We'll have to see what else he has. Did I mention everything is going for 50-70% off? I wish I could afford the very nice IF road bike he has...

    Tomorrow I will test out my ss roadie. Hopefully get a trail ride in to although it's been raining all week. If not, a ride around the block with my kids will be good too. They'll love that!! I would also like to work on getting my wife's bike built up. It's my old Trek 930 frame that was replaced with a new to me Kona Lava Dome. Since parts were striped from the Trek for the Kona, parts for my wife's bike will come from an older Diamond Back donated to me from a coworker.

    I wish I could get some fish tacos. Maybe I'll just find a recipe online and make 'em myself. Now I'm craving Mexican food. Perhaps I'll get some of that today, or maybe some sushi for lunch. Decisions, decisions.

    Sunday morning is church. Sunday afternoon is probably shopping with the wife as I would've done some of my own shopping today right?

    That's about it, unless I win the Big Game lottery tonite or the Powerball on Saturday. Then the plan might change slightly!

    Post pics of your new bike!! And a ride report too! And if you have a recipe for fish tacos, that would be great!
    Last edited by PROGRE-SS; 04-02-2004 at 10:39 AM. Reason: I can't spell.
    A good friend will come bail you out of jail.
    But a true friend will be sitting next to you saying
    "Damn... we fcuked up!"

  5. #5
    Whiskey Tango Foxtrot
    Reputation: eSSq's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    522

    the color is the real reason

    i went with the chameleon!

    sorta. mostly. it's also one of the few (non-dj/urban only) ss-able frames available that's happy with a 5" fork. i will take pics out on the trail. later on!

  6. #6
    USB Rep'n
    Reputation: namaSSte's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    2,413
    what is up with you guys? fish and taco are two words that should never be in the same sentence.
    though hope is frail, it must prevail - Taj Weekes

    betam eh-wud-eh-HA-lehu y
    eh-nay Ityopia!

  7. #7
    Whiskey Tango Foxtrot
    Reputation: eSSq's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    522

    i am so freakin' lazy

    Quote Originally Posted by namaSSte
    about freakin time!!! dude, how can I live vicariously through you when you've been handling things this way? make sure you let us know how things go and for cryin' out loud, build that lizard, screw the haircut!
    it's pathetic. i frequently buy new bike parts and leave them on my workbench for a month before getting around to installing them. i don't mind working on my bike, it's just that there are other things i'd rather do, like ride one of the otehr 2 that doesn't need work!

    seriously, though, i'll be glad to get it done.

  8. #8
    Whiskey Tango Foxtrot
    Reputation: eSSq's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    522

    oh man, you have no idea.

    Quote Originally Posted by namaSSte
    what is up with you guys? fish and taco are two words that should never be in the same sentence.
    fish tacos rule. www.wahoos.com
    nature's perfect post-ride meal, fish tacos and ice cold negro modelo with a lime wedge stuffed into the bottle.

  9. #9
    USB Rep'n
    Reputation: namaSSte's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    2,413
    Quote Originally Posted by eSSq
    it's pathetic. i frequently buy new bike parts and leave them on my workbench for a month before getting around to installing them. i don't mind working on my bike, it's just that there are other things i'd rather do, like ride one of the otehr 2 that doesn't need work!

    seriously, though, i'll be glad to get it done.
    I hear ya. Im too childish I spose. I get something new for the bike and immediately feel some bizarre need to establish a realtionship with it. Im not sure, but I think it's a problem. Have a great time building it (and eating those foul fish tacos and getting some, I mean, A, trim.
    though hope is frail, it must prevail - Taj Weekes

    betam eh-wud-eh-HA-lehu y
    eh-nay Ityopia!

  10. #10
    Whiskey Tango Foxtrot
    Reputation: eSSq's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    522

    fish taco recipe

    Quote Originally Posted by PROGRE-SS
    I wish I could get some fish tacos. Maybe I'll just find a recipe online and make 'em myself. Now I'm craving Mexican food. Perhaps I'll get some of that today, or maybe some sushi for lunch. Decisions, decisions.
    http://content2.williams-sonoma.com/...ar%3Dsubmitted

    i would skip the pickled onions in this recipe; that doesn't sound good to me!

    williams sonoma has b*tchen recipes online. i have a bunch of their cookbooks, but i use the online recipes more often. their enchilades verdes recipe kills, but i use fewer serranos and less onions than called for. i made them wednesday night; mmmm....

  11. #11
    mtbr member
    Reputation: PROGRE-SS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    255
    Quote Originally Posted by eSSq
    fish tacos rule. www.wahoos.com
    nature's perfect post-ride meal, fish tacos and ice cold negro modelo with a lime wedge stuffed into the bottle.
    I believe it was a segment on Wahoos shown on the Food Network that got me thinking about fish tacos. The more I thought about it, the more I wanted to have one. Apparently there is a great Mexican place near home that I may just have to go visit with my wife after shopping on Sunday. Now I don't know how good a Mexican restaurant in the middle of the Poconos in northeastern PA will be, but they're not a chain and the parking lot is always full. Maybe I'll write up a review Sunday night if we go.
    A good friend will come bail you out of jail.
    But a true friend will be sitting next to you saying
    "Damn... we fcuked up!"

  12. #12
    mtbr member
    Reputation: PROGRE-SS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    255
    Quote Originally Posted by eSSq
    http://content2.williams-sonoma.com/...ar%3Dsubmitted

    i would skip the pickled onions in this recipe; that doesn't sound good to me!

    williams sonoma has b*tchen recipes online. i have a bunch of their cookbooks, but i use the online recipes more often. their enchilades verdes recipe kills, but i use fewer serranos and less onions than called for. i made them wednesday night; mmmm....
    Thanks for the link eSSq. Much obliged!!
    A good friend will come bail you out of jail.
    But a true friend will be sitting next to you saying
    "Damn... we fcuked up!"

  13. #13
    ali'i hua
    Reputation: SlowSSer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    1,793
    Quote Originally Posted by eSSq
    i went with the chameleon!

    sorta. mostly. it's also one of the few (non-dj/urban only) ss-able frames available that's happy with a 5" fork. i will take pics out on the trail. later on!


    hmm. now why was this the same reasoning for me getting the cowen? handles a 5" travel fork, SSable, DJable, Urbanable, HTDHable (hard tail downhill), and orange.

    mmm. general lee orange to top it off.

    (not done yet- hanging on wall in garage.)

  14. #14
    ali'i hua
    Reputation: SlowSSer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    1,793
    Quote Originally Posted by namaSSte
    what is up with you guys? fish and taco are two words that should never be in the same sentence.

    sorry- its a Cali thing.

  15. #15
    USB Rep'n
    Reputation: namaSSte's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    2,413
    Quote Originally Posted by SlowSSer
    sorry- its a Cali thing.
    I guess huh? Out here in the midwest we eat hot dogs.
    though hope is frail, it must prevail - Taj Weekes

    betam eh-wud-eh-HA-lehu y
    eh-nay Ityopia!

  16. #16
    Whiskey Tango Foxtrot
    Reputation: eSSq's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    522

    walleye tacos

    Quote Originally Posted by namaSSte
    I guess huh? Out here in the midwest we eat hot dogs.
    first time i ever had a fish taco as at tavern on grand in st paul, mn. it was good, but they are better here.

    hot dogs are child's play. johnsonville brats w' sauerkraut are for midwestern MEN. mmm, 32 grams of delicious pork fat in each one! oh, but sooooo good. when i was in high school i could eat 3 or 4 of them. times have changed!

  17. #17
    Cracker-magnon
    Reputation: gpsser's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,149
    Quote Originally Posted by eSSq
    johnsonville brats w' sauerkraut are for midwestern MEN. mmm, 32 grams of delicious pork fat in each one! oh, but sooooo good. when i was in high school i could eat 3 or 4 of them. times have changed!
    I have not seen them here but back in Washington you could get brats pre-marinated in RedHook. Those were very tasty.
    "Life is a F@#^ing story problem, get used to it - my son.

  18. #18
    34N 118W
    Reputation: Hollywood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    2,246

    fish tacos rule

    but only on a warm day in Mexico when you stroll up to the taco stand from the beach, barefoot, and order a plate of tacos with a cold Mexican beer.

    Ay papi!



    Quote Originally Posted by namaSSte
    what is up with you guys? fish and taco are two words that should never be in the same sentence.

  19. #19
    USB Rep'n
    Reputation: namaSSte's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    2,413
    Quote Originally Posted by Hollywood
    but only on a warm day in Mexico when you stroll up to the taco stand from the beach, barefoot, and order a plate of tacos with a cold Mexican beer.

    Ay papi!
    now in that situation I think even I could enjoy your fish-wiches. All I know is that at this very time next week, Ill be on a beach, mexican beer in hand, possibly looking for a fish taco vendor!
    though hope is frail, it must prevail - Taj Weekes

    betam eh-wud-eh-HA-lehu y
    eh-nay Ityopia!

  20. #20
    Whiskey Tango Foxtrot
    Reputation: eSSq's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    522

    oh baby, you can get them at RALPHS!

    now that the strike is over. they even have a "beer-n-brats" variety. personally, i've never boiled them in beer before grilling, but maybe i should give it a go. i have a package in the fridge at home. boiled in newcastle might be good, then five minutes on the grill to finish 'em off.

    pardon me, but do you have any grey poupon?

    oh, have you ever tried the sierra nevada brewing co. mustards? exceptional!

  21. #21
    USB Rep'n
    Reputation: namaSSte's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    2,413
    Quote Originally Posted by eSSq
    now that the strike is over. they even have a "beer-n-brats" variety. personally, i've never boiled them in beer before grilling, but maybe i should give it a go. i have a package in the fridge at home. boiled in newcastle might be good, then five minutes on the grill to finish 'em off.

    pardon me, but do you have any grey poupon?

    oh, have you ever tried the sierra nevada brewing co. mustards? exceptional!
    now you're talkin! Im gonna be in San Diego in October on biz. My day's will be free to ride. I think we should hook up for some dirt and then some brats AND fish-wiches, and, dare I say, a little Mexican ale. LEt me know if you're game bubba!
    though hope is frail, it must prevail - Taj Weekes

    betam eh-wud-eh-HA-lehu y
    eh-nay Ityopia!

  22. #22
    Whiskey Tango Foxtrot
    Reputation: eSSq's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    522

    i'm halfway between la and sd

    Quote Originally Posted by namaSSte
    now you're talkin! Im gonna be in San Diego in October on biz. My day's will be free to ride. I think we should hook up for some dirt and then some brats AND fish-wiches, and, dare I say, a little Mexican ale. LEt me know if you're game bubba!
    so we'll definitely have to hook up for a ride. san juan is halfway between me & sd, and its certainly one of the best rides in the area. there's a place in san clemente that has b*tchen fish tacos, too. let me know when you're in town and we'll do it up right.

  23. #23
    USB Rep'n
    Reputation: namaSSte's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    2,413
    Quote Originally Posted by eSSq
    so we'll definitely have to hook up for a ride. san juan is halfway between me & sd, and its certainly one of the best rides in the area. there's a place in san clemente that has b*tchen fish tacos, too. let me know when you're in town and we'll do it up right.
    done deal! I can already taste those babies and dry trails??? I won't even know what to do!
    though hope is frail, it must prevail - Taj Weekes

    betam eh-wud-eh-HA-lehu y
    eh-nay Ityopia!

  24. #24
    "Mr. Britannica"
    Reputation: roadiegonebad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,818

    fish tacos ROCK

    Wonder how much Rubios franchises are... Rubios on one side, Chipotle Grill on the other?

    PRO, there are several recipes online. Just do a search. The lazy man's way is w/frozen breaded fish from your grocer's freezer. Not that I would know anything about that.

  25. #25
    mtbr member
    Reputation: PROGRE-SS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    255

    Thanks roadiegonebad

    Quote Originally Posted by roadiegonebad
    Wonder how much Rubios franchises are... Rubios on one side, Chipotle Grill on the other?

    PRO, there are several recipes online. Just do a search. The lazy man's way is w/frozen breaded fish from your grocer's freezer. Not that I would know anything about that.
    I've tried the frozen breaded fish but more like a Fish Fillet sandwich with tartar sauce and such a la Micky D's. I guess I could always try it as a fish taco. Sounds like Saturday's dinner is gonna be fish tacos!!
    A good friend will come bail you out of jail.
    But a true friend will be sitting next to you saying
    "Damn... we fcuked up!"

  26. #26
    "Mr. Britannica"
    Reputation: roadiegonebad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,818

    they key is CORN tortillas

    Double 'em up. And a good sauce in between. I've found that salsa is not a bad thing with these either.

  27. #27
    giddy up!
    Reputation: donkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,247

    Lot'so dirt miles....

    ....saturday and sunday, any of you socaler's are welcome to join either day...but the kicker will be seeing Mitch Hedberg at the Improv on Saturday night....should be good....oh, and I may eat fish tacos sometime in there too!
    www.thepathbikeshop.com

  28. #28
    Whiskey Tango Foxtrot
    Reputation: eSSq's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    522

    Cool-blue Rhythm i prefer grilled fish

    to fried, and use shredded cabbage instead of lettuce, and squeeze a lime on that mofo. throw some pico de gallo on there and you're pretty much good to go. maybe some crema, and crumbed queso fresco.

    it be lunchtime on the left coast. can you tell?

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 10
    Last Post: 04-02-2004, 07:23 AM
  2. Possible Shuttle Ride in Worcester this weekend
    By Inclag in forum Massachusetts
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-26-2004, 05:43 PM
  3. Looking for a good quality, average MTN bike.
    By CoryB in forum Bike and Frame discussion
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 02-24-2004, 04:01 PM
  4. Need help building a bike!
    By Magnus357 in forum Downhill - Freeride
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 02-10-2004, 10:14 PM
  5. Is this a good idea?
    By COmtbiker12 in forum Santa Cruz
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-08-2004, 10:07 PM

Members who have read this thread: 0

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

THE SITE

ABOUT MTBR

VISIT US AT

© Copyright 2019 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.