Will a HBC ring help fix the problem I have?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Will a HBC ring help fix the problem I have?

I posted the same question over in the Drivetrain forum, no bites so far. It's regarding MRP's Micro guide and Middleburn's RS7's. I just can't seem to get these two to work together. With the largest spacer's installed, the crank arms will rub up hard against both the top and bottom guides. Remove the spacers and having the guide mounted flush I'll loose the chain line and the ring comes up hard against the inner top guide. Adding a combination of the provided smaller spacers just won't give the fine line needed for the arms not to rub and the correct chain line.

The cranks are 165mm RS7's, the ring is also a Middleburn 32t. The only thing I think might help the situation is a ring that is not as dished as the I have, or being able to space the ring a couple of mm's in.

Thought's anyone?

mtbr member
    It will take you 4-6 months to find out if you order today.
    Super snowflake = when an avatar offends you so much you have to cry about it and report it to admin. Life must suck for you.

mtbr member
    I have a 28t on order it's been three months now. I want to see if it'll fix the problem. If so, I'll probably wait till it turns up, if not I'm going to sell the Middleburns.

Just looking at the pic's on HBC's website it looks like their ring's don't sit as close to the arm as the Middleburn 32t does. A little more inboard and not as recessed, for a lack of better words.

mtbr member
    3 more months and you "might" have your answer.

mtbr member
    Is the problem that the ring is too far outboard? Are your Middleburns square taper? Could you swap in a shorter BB to bring it in a bit? That could be a much cheaper experiment

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    if/when you wanna sell the middleburns, hit me up (if they're 175 or 180mm).

wish i could advise you on your question, but your cranks are hott regardless

Members who have read this thread: 0