WI eno disc hub or different hub?- Mtbr.com
    (he thinks he can)
    May 2009

WI eno disc hub or different hub?

I was wondering if you guys had any advice on which way i should go building a new rear rim. I have a mavic819 rim and was going to build it with the WI eno disc rear hub and WI freewheel, but have been considering using a different hub and a chain tensioner. I have a c-dale f4 gone SS and want to build a wheel dedicated to SS. I was also considering using a notubes ztr 355 rim but have the 819 sitting around. Anyone have any ideas?
    08 SS c'dale f4
    07 Prophet
    10 Yeti DJ
    Yeti Arc-x
    11 Yeti asr5-c
    ..and they place nice together!

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    i use a ENO w/stans rim on my cannondale F29er. always works perfect, no problems. tubeless is the way to go.

(he thinks he can)
    May 2009
    how do you like the adjustable hub? does it keep good chain tension?
    08 SS c'dale f4
    07 Prophet
    10 Yeti DJ
    Yeti Arc-x
    11 Yeti asr5-c

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    works great. never had any slipage problems. adjusting the brake caliper can be a pain until you get it down. overall, i think it's a good system.

mtbr member

Eno

I have the White Industries eccentric hub on my Mamasita. I have put about 3000 miles on it without a single problem. It is really easy to adjust the chain tension, And the brake adjustment isn't that big of a deal. The freewheel has really fast engagement. If I had to say anything negative about the hub is that it is not the lightest hub out there, And if you need to change gearing it could be expensive. But neither one of those should be a deal breaker. It is a great hub.
    Dropbar SS Mamasita
    XTC Composite 29
    CruX
    Anthem X 29
    Unknown trials bike

mtbr member
    Agree, not the lightest, but chain tension is great! White makes good stuff - all of it. As was stated in a previous post, can be expensive if you are switching gearing often.

(he thinks he can)
    May 2009
    was thinking about getting that trials 18t extra weight but it has 72points of engagement, 18 is what i really like to ride but didn't know if the engagement points were worth the extra weight. any opinions?
    08 SS c'dale f4
    07 Prophet
    10 Yeti DJ
    Yeti Arc-x
    11 Yeti asr5-c

mtbr member

WI Eno and WI Trials 18T

krismac: Both the WI Eno hub and the Trials 18T are seen in the video. You mention the Eno Disc but there are two versions often confused, the ENO Disc and the ENO Eric's Eccentric ENO Disc. The one in the video is ENO disc due to track drops: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XhWxFEN1b6k

Oh, and I've both the 18T Trials and the 18T red and the 16T blue. The 18T is just a machined bad-ass sounding freewheel. People won't miss ya, you'll be heard coming up on their left for sure.
    Creative Producer, Will of the Sun, Platform Pedal Shootout 1M+ views WoS

mtbr member
    I have the ENO with Mavic 819 rim. I have had zero problems with either. If it were me I would not buy the Stans, the 819 is a great rim in my opinion. Save yourself some $$$.

(he thinks he can)
    May 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by illnacord
    krismac: Both the WI Eno hub and the Trials 18T are seen in the video. You mention the Eno Disc but there are two versions often confused, the ENO Disc and the ENO Eric's Eccentric ENO Disc. The one in the video is ENO disc due to track drops: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XhWxFEN1b6k

Oh, and I've both the 18T Trials and the 18T red and the 16T blue. The 18T is just a machined bad-ass sounding freewheel. People won't miss ya, you'll be heard coming up on their left for sure.
    That's the plain so do you recommend the trials or the red? sounds like the trails to me
    08 SS c'dale f4
    07 Prophet
    10 Yeti DJ
    Yeti Arc-x
    11 Yeti asr5-c

mtbr member
    Dec 2004
    whats the diff between the eric eno and the non-eric eno?

Kam
    A hopped on pop.
    "eric eno" is eccentric, so the axle ends have an offset to adjust chain tension.

"non-eric eno" is NON-eccentric...meaning that is has a regular bolt on hub.
    "forget kings...forget hadleys......they all have crap engagement. just run your bike fixed gear." - FoShizzle

(he thinks he can)
    May 2009
    bought the trials off of bikeman.. now time to get the rest of the parts next week or so..
    08 SS c'dale f4
    07 Prophet
    10 Yeti DJ
    Yeti Arc-x
    11 Yeti asr5-c

mtbr member
    Feb 2010
    [steps out of lurking shadows]

Can the WI ENO Eccentric DISC hub only be ran as a free wheel? Their website says free wheel compatible... with the disc mount on the left side, it is unlike the flip/flop.

Wondering for two reasons:
    1. If it is not changeable, there is no way for someone to have a fixed gear AND disc brakes on the rear (why one would want that is another story); and
    2. I guess I didn't/don't understand and have in my possession a 650b wheel set with said rear hub that I had wanted to put on my current MTB frame commuter. Already have a single-speed surly tensioner on there. Wanted the cleanliness of the ENO.

Might have a wheel set for sale...

Thanks.

NedwannaB

PM request

Quote Originally Posted by JAKEHAERTEL
    Might have a wheel set for sale...
    If this comes to be.

Thx in advance-JMac
    Wait whuuut, who did he tell you that!?!?....

mtbr member
    I'm looking to buy a White eno hub laced to a 26" rim (non-disc) if anyone has the beat on one. PM if you have any info. Thanks.
    Still Life Photographer | NYC
    www.nathankraxberger.com

Members who have read this thread: 0