Who's YOUR Mayor?- Mtbr.com
    Go make a difference

Who's YOUR Mayor?

At a ribbon cutting yesterday for some beginner trail at a Marietta (GA) city park, the Roswell city Mayor showed up on his SS to support the Marietta Mayor and the changing perspective of mtn biking. Roswell's Mayor was wearing these, rather cool socks:
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Charles Myrick
    33North Adventures | Owner
    Bike | Climb | Hike | Paddle
    New trips: Tibet & Bosnia!

V-Shaped Rut
    Haha, nice!

Our mayor is a former mob lawyer and probably wouldn't be caught dead on a bike, let alone an SS.

~Disc~Golf~
    hmmm, why doesn't he like speed?
    Honestly... ahh I give up

mtbr member
    Kevin Johnson is our mayor. Look for him to use a charity for corrupt business practices in a town near you!
    :wq

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    I grew up in May-retta good to see things changing for the better back there.

mtbr member
    Our mayor turned in his resignation a couple of weeks ago which caused the city to hold a mid term "special election" that is costing the tax payers (us) over $1 million, but then he decided he didn't like the interim mayor's tactics of firing all his family and friends he had "made" jobs for, so now he has decided to put himself on the ballot of the "special election".......which is being held b/c he resigned...??? awesome

Go make a difference
    Quote Originally Posted by bipolarbear
    I grew up in May-retta good to see things changing for the better back there.
    Yea, this was HUGE! Until 2 weeks ago the city didn't allow bikes on non-paved surfaces. They scrambled to make some changes to (2) parks and did the ribbon cutting for the 'new' bike trails yesterday. Very good precedent and happenings. It didn't hurt that part of the reason for allowing bikes is to increase traffic in the parks-- the one where the ceremony was in nick-named 'Pickle Park' because of some illicit activity that occurs by one type of social group.
    Charles Myrick
    33North Adventures | Owner
    Bike | Climb | Hike | Paddle
    New trips: Tibet & Bosnia!

The Tyranical Teabagger
    Haha...that's funny....that's actually my girlfriends father he was riding with. I was praying to god he wasn't wearing spandex...something I never hope to see! I'll be moving to Marietta here soon and am glad to see the city embracing cycling. I actually can't wait to ride in North Georgia believe it or not...coming from Utah.
    I like bikes.
    2012 Transition TransAm 29er
    2010 Rigid Salsa Selma SS
    2015 Transition Smuggler
    2015 Cannondale Scalpel

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by k2biker
    At a ribbon cutting yesterday for some beginner trail at a Marietta (GA) city park, the Roswell city Mayor showed up on his SS to support the Marietta Mayor and the changing perspective of mtn biking. Roswell's Mayor was wearing these, rather cool socks:

Krapp...

I WANT a Mayor like that! The town I live in is run by the "Horse Mafia"....

organically fed
    Quote Originally Posted by nachomc
    Kevin Johnson is our mayor. Look for him to use a charity for corrupt business practices in a town near you!
    oh yeah, I've heard some stories about people being railroaded out of their home by that guy.

Squalor
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by farrisw1
    Our mayor turned in his resignation a couple of weeks ago which caused the city to hold a mid term "special election" that is costing the tax payers (us) over $1 million, but then he decided he didn't like the interim mayor's tactics of firing all his family and friends he had "made" jobs for, so now he has decided to put himself on the ballot of the "special election".......which is being held b/c he resigned...??? awesome
    Lived in Memphis for a LONG time. Moved out in 2001, returned for law school and moved out again in 2005. Never even looked for jobs in the city.

Take my advice....GET OUT! Best decision my wife and I have made for our quality of life.

There are some great people there, but that city is in a downward spiral in general.

Good luck.

LP

PS - I do miss me some Central BBQ though...

The Tyranical Teabagger
    Hey K2...I hear Blankets Creek is close to Marietta? Quality riding? I'm hoping to move there soon....as soon as I land a job out there. Since I've got an "in" with the Marietta Mayor I'll bug him to build more trails!
    I like bikes.
    2015 Transition Smuggler
    2015 Cannondale Scalpel

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by cyrjm
    Hey K2...I hear Blankets Creek is close to Marietta? Quality riding? I'm hoping to move there soon....as soon as I land a job out there. Since I've got an "in" with the Marietta Mayor I'll bug him to build more trails!
    As you know you have to go to N GA for any sort of more epic riding, but Blankets is one of my favorite trail systems around here. It's got some great trails and some very technical area's.
    8 is great

The Tyranical Teabagger
    Nice...I like technical. Originally from New England...that's what I learned to ride on.
    I like bikes.
    2015 Transition Smuggler
    2015 Cannondale Scalpel

Members who have read this thread: 0