Whos running a Niner Bio-centric EBB?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Apr 2008

Whos running a Niner Bio-centric EBB?

I have an 08 raleigh XXIX and im to the point where i wont ride it anymore because the tension always loosens up. Even just putting around the neighborhood with the girlfriend today, i cranked hard on it once and threw the chain. Its annoying and dangerous on the trails.

I remember all this hype last year about the niner bio centric ebb. How has it done in the real world? Pros? cons? I honestly dont care if it creaks like an old wood floor as long as it'll keep the chain tight. Also, i remember they only made it for niner BB sizess but were supposed to make other sizes, will it fit my raleigh? My ebb shell is ovalized but i hear it should still work, is this true?

Please help me ride my bike again. Iv been riding the road bike too much and im starting to become a.........God forbid.........a rhodie.

edit: and where can i buy this thing for a decent price? and colors? anyone got pics?

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    Just found a thread thats a couple months old saying that the niner ebb does not fit the XXIX ebb shell.

So, will the carver or bushnell work with an ovalized frame?

mtbr member
    May 2006
    I've got a Biocentric and would happily sell it for a lot less than I paid for it.

If you're deaf or ride with really loud headphones, it's great! It's lightweight, simple to install, and holds the chain tension fine (I'm 180lbs).

And, yes it creaks like an old rocking chair. I've got a brand new Bushnell waiting to be installed. If that doesn't solve it, I'll happily sell you my One9 frame as well...

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiggs
    I've got a Biocentric and would happily sell it for a lot less than I paid for it.

If you're deaf or ride with really loud headphones, it's great! It's lightweight, simple to install, and holds the chain tension fine (I'm 180lbs).

And, yes it creaks like an old rocking chair. I've got a brand new Bushnell waiting to be installed. If that doesn't solve it, I'll happily sell you my One9 frame as well...

Hey Wiggs...

I have the Bocentric BB -- no squeal issues at all.... I used a liberal amount of waterproof grease on the contact surfaces and it has not made a peep...

mtbr member
    Had one, hated it. The 100 grams it saves isn't worth the headache of having it move and creak on every ride. You should maybe check out the phil wood ebb, like what comes in the singular bikes. Little heavier but super reliable.

Members who have read this thread: 0