whos doing Rudy Rack Big Ring Classic?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Sep 2004

whos doing Rudy Rack Big Ring Classic?

Its this weekend In Wausau and I'm going to be doing the Sport Singlespeed class, Its gonna be my first race and I'm super excited. Just wondering who else is doing it.

mtbr member
    Mar 2004

Yeah, I will be there...

but I will be terrorizing the gearies because I am too slow for singlespeed class.
    Profound esoteric sentence encapsulating my philosophy and world view here.

mtbr member

Have fun

Quote Originally Posted by Trevo
    Its this weekend In Wausau and I'm going to be doing the Sport Singlespeed class, Its gonna be my first race and I'm super excited. Just wondering who else is doing it.
    Sorry I won't be there. I'll be in Chicago visiting my sister.

Fisher test pilot

Smoking fast!

I'll be there racing my rig in the expert class. Awesome course, extremely fast! Last year I rolled 38:16 on 26" wheels which turned out to be the same ratio for Chequamegon. This year I have two-nines and will be running 32:14 with Michelin 44's. Good luck to all.

mtbr member
    Sep 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by creepyfriendly
    I'll be there racing my rig in the expert class. Awesome course, extremely fast! Last year I rolled 38:16 on 26" wheels which turned out to be the same ratio for Chequamegon. This year I have two-nines and will be running 32:14 with Michelin 44's. Good luck to all.
    Is it really that fast of a course, maybe I should re-think my gearing, I hope I can get a gear by this weekend. 38x16 really?

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Yes

Creepyfriendly is really that fast.
    Do the pre-ride on Saturday and see what you can run for Sunday.

Is it really that fast of a course, maybe I should re-think my gearing, I hope I can get a gear by this weekend. 38x16 really?

I like to ride bikes!

Yup, be there too...

Me a racin in SS comp and Mrs Scoutdog a racin in SS Girl Sport! Also Lil Scoutdog will be racin the kids race, SS of course!

mtbr member

Comp Clyde

I'll be there racing in the Comp Clyde class...but maybe on my new 29er SS.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

goin

trevo i'll be linin' up with ya. i got drop bars on an old-ass bike, hard to miss, so say hi. let's get a good start. my little 8th grade daughter will be trainin for the SSWC by trying to hang with the ultra-cool and speedy mrs scoutdog in the fair-gender SS class.

if i know what gear creepy friendly is runnin i just take his gearing and add like 3 teeth to the back cog, man. i would use the same gear as that dude riding DOWN the road from Rib Mtn as he uses goin up, bro.

it'll be a great time, so be sure to say "hey" and have a good fun ride.

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by creepyfriendly
    creepyfriendly, As a refrence what did you run at Rapids for the Rome Around.
    Thanks, Jim S

mtbr member
    Sep 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by mon t
    trevo i'll be linin' up with ya. i got drop bars on an old-ass bike, hard to miss, so say hi. let's get a good start. my little 8th grade daughter will be trainin for the SSWC by trying to hang with the ultra-cool and speedy mrs scoutdog in the fair-gender SS class.

if i know what gear creepy friendly is runnin i just take his gearing and add like 3 teeth to the back cog, man. i would use the same gear as that dude riding DOWN the road from Rib Mtn as he uses goin up, bro.

it'll be a great time, so be sure to say "hey" and have a good fun ride.
    So is ther camping at Nine Mile? if not there than wheres the closest place to do so?

Death.From.Above
    I'll be there rockin 34:16 on my two niner ss. i believe creepy ran 34:16 at rome around...where as i ran 34:20 praying for rain...it didnt rain.

Fisher test pilot
    I don't mean to mislead anybody, gear within your limits. I normally have two or three ratios I run whether its hilly flat or flatter. I consider nine mile to be a flatter course with the smooth flowing single track and long lines of ski trail. With the exception of ho chi min its Smoking!
    Jim, rapids was 32:16 due to the softness. It definately wasn't to big, maybe a little small but either way bigger wheels play a huge factor when choosing ratios.

mtbr member
    Sep 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by AgainstMe!
    I'll be there rockin 34:16 on my two niner ss. i believe creepy ran 34:16 at rome around...where as i ran 34:20 praying for rain...it didnt rain.
    WOW! hows a gunnar 29er? I want one! But man I get distracted, I want a new track bike, and I really want a cyclocross race bike so I can start racing, and I want a single speed cyclocross bike.....ugh the list just goes on! Thanks for putting that hot 29er SS in my head!

Maybe I'll see you on Sunday, what class are you racing?

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    there is nice camping at 9 mile, trev. well, there is parking lot camping - but it is a very nice parking lot.

you wanna be sure to bring some bug spray.

mtbr member

Get a Cross Check...

WOW! hows a gunnar 29er? I want one! But man I get distracted, I want a new track bike, and I really want a cyclocross race bike so I can start racing, and I want a single speed cyclocross bike.....ugh the list just goes on! Thanks for putting that hot 29er SS in my head!

A Cross Check will be both a cross bike and a SS cross bike!

mtbr member
    Sep 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Nater
    A Cross Check will be both a cross bike and a SS cross bike!
    indeeed

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by hardtail6
    but I will be terrorizing the gearies because I am too slow for singlespeed class.
    Yet, you'd place higher. Hmmm... I think someone's been training a bit.

I'm volunteering and resting. Nice pre-ride for me on Sat.

-one of the terrorized gearies-

Death.From.Above

rides nice...about done with the build, just need a new seatpost. i'll be racing expert.