who would want my best friend- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Feb 2004

Bonking ... not feelin' well who would want my best friend

I can't believe someone would steal my SS but it happened! And i'm so bummed. Bad Karma will come to the evil sinister scumbag that took my SS. I know I've lost my best friend. Whenever I wanted to put a smile on my face, there it was waiting for me to go for a ride. As strange as it may sound; that little bike changed my life. I looked at my old friends? and found out they really were mtn bike snobs! Bye, bye! I felt more in tuned to biking, I immensely improved my technical skills, loved racing it just to see where I stood amongst the geared crowd and didn't care about my placing like I did when i raced the geared bike. It broadened my cycling world. People knew me by my SS. I didn't know them but they knew me or had heard about me. That is kinda cool (& i don't mean in a 'swelled head' kind of way). So, i'm hoping to find my friend. After all it really doesn't have a lot of parts to part out. I talked to a SS courier yesterday & we both agreed it would have been great if it had been a fixed gear ......hehehe .......How justified would that be to see someone fall on their face and then get my bike back.
    Well, this is just my little 'rant'. Here's hoping all the leg work & searching i'm putting in will bring us back together.
    Lesley
    BTW...it is a brodie 'unibomber'....flat black with a red SID and a yellow Race Face headset, stolen in Victoria, BC

beer *****es n' bikes
    Man good luck.... that REALLY sucks. At least it sounds like a pretty recognizable/rare bike so they will have a hard time unloading it or even parting it out.
    bike dude, velocity employee (this is my personal account)