White ind dos drivetrain- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Sep 2009

White ind dos drivetrain

I was wondering if anyone has done something similar with just using the middle and out chainrings and two cogs with spacers to get the right chain line? I was thinking of doing a 33/36 the front and 19/16 rear. 33:19 is my go to ratio and the other would match the chain length and I think wouldn't be that bad on the ride to the trail. I can't swing the price of the new white ind drivetrain and a new rear wheel and I don't want to give up my dt Swiss 240s. They were an engagement present, yes my wife is awesome and supports my problem. I would love some feedback.

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    Oh yeah, my 19 tooth cog is a king and love it, so if there's been a lot of success I would get another king. I was thinking of a surly also for the 16t.

mtbr member
    Jan 2005

I'm running 14 and 16 and it looks good

I have Hope SS hub and use two Surly cogs with no spacers. The chain line seems to be good for both cogs, and so far I haven't had any issues. This setup is new to me.

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    Do you only have the one up front or two chainrings? I like to ride to the trail, but my trail ratio is so slow on the road.

mtbr member
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by imiller View Post
    Do you only have the one up front or two chainrings? I like to ride to the trail, but my trail ratio is so slow on the road.
    Only one - 32. This setting allow me to use the same chain, because the difference in chain length is within my slider boundaries. If you want to use two rings, can't you set them up in a way that they are parallel to the corresponding cog?

Riding rigid
    Mar 2007
    There is some 4 tooth rule out there to run dingle speed. Add 4 up front and subtract 4 on the back and you can run the same chain without changing sliders position. A few people have used similar 4 tooth combinations.

BikeShopMonkey's reference http://forums.mtbr.com/9135921-post13.html

White Industries double/double set up is a 3 tooth variation.
    35/38 front and 16/19 rear, so your 33/36 and 19/16 could work.

Members who have read this thread: 0