Where can I find some 180 Turbine cranks?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Where can I find some 180 Turbine cranks?

I really want to make the switch to 180mm cranks on my new-to-me Hunter SS. I am a big fan of Race Face and really would like to get a set of Turbine LPs in 180. Of course, I also want them to be square taper and compact 5 arm. Does anyone have any suggestions? BTW, I currently have a set of silver 175s if someone wants to trade, although they are pretty beat up.

Thanks,
    Mark

Where's Toto?
    Speedgoat (www.speedgoat.com)

mtbr member
    Speedgoat only has 170mm length left, at least according to their website. I have checcked all of the usual mailorder places with no luck. Those White Industries cranks look prety nice though!

mtbr member
    Mar 2004

They are

and they make me very happy. You will more than likely need and new bottom bracket with the cranks. Might I suggesst Phil Wood.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

got some

I've got a set that are in pretty good shape. For the right place, I'd part with them. Send me some email directly and we can work out the details if you want them.

mtbr member

One thought..

Mark,

A bunch of people have broken the exact model RF cranks you want recently. When I cracked my Turbines RF no longer could replace them with 180mm models....

Just an FYI.

Have you looked a the White Ind. ENO's? The come in 180 and square taper and seem much stiffer and stronger.

MC

Quote Originally Posted by bikeny
    I really want to make the switch to 180mm cranks on my new-to-me Hunter SS. I am a big fan of Race Face and really would like to get a set of Turbine LPs in 180. Of course, I also want them to be square taper and compact 5 arm. Does anyone have any suggestions? BTW, I currently have a set of silver 175s if someone wants to trade, although they are pretty beat up.

Thanks,
    Mark

I'm feeling dirty, you?
    Quote Originally Posted by MellowCat
    Mark,

A bunch of people have broken the exact model RF cranks you want recently. When I cracked my Turbines RF no longer could replace them with 180mm models....

Just an FYI.
    Like Padre?...
    http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=65586

mtbr member
    Thanks for the replies. I am aware of the recent broken cranks here. I was hoping that because I am pretty easy on my equipment and not too heavy that I would be OK. BTW, I am currently running a set of 175 Turbines that are about 10 years old with the granny ring holes stripped out and helicoils inserted. I am actually surprised these have not broken yet! So does any one else have suggestions to fit my criteria: Square taper, 180mm, and 94 BCD? The ENO cranks are a possibility, but they use a splined ring. I would really like to be able to use my collection of 94 BCD chainrings (including a Surly SS). Any other suggestions would be appreciated.

MArk

a legend in his own mind

Maybe,...

Quote Originally Posted by bikeny
    Thanks for the replies. I am aware of the recent broken cranks here. I was hoping that because I am pretty easy on my equipment and not too heavy that I would be OK. BTW, I am currently running a set of 175 Turbines that are about 10 years old with the granny ring holes stripped out and helicoils inserted. I am actually surprised these have not broken yet! So does any one else have suggestions to fit my criteria: Square taper, 180mm, and 94 BCD? The ENO cranks are a possibility, but they use a splined ring. I would really like to be able to use my collection of 94 BCD chainrings (including a Surly SS). Any other suggestions would be appreciated.

MArk
    look for some older Shimano XT cranks. You should be able to pick up a pair cheap. I'll keep my eyes open for some.
    "I think this is the worst thing you've ever done Homer."
    "Oh Marge you say that so much it has no meaning."