When I get home- Mtbr.com

Thread: When I get home

mtbr member
    May 2010

When I get home

Right now I am in Iraq, when I get home I am going to get a 29er. I want to keep the cost down to less than $1,000. I am thinking Monocog flight. What do yall think? Unit or XXIX, I am kind of missing the RITA and the RIG is to many $$$

Apr 2007
    Flight is a great choice. Keep it SS or run it geared if you want. You can find them for under $800.

Out spokin'
    Quote Originally Posted by the flying Squirrel
    Right now I am in Iraq, when I get home I am going to get a 29er. I want to keep the cost down to less than $1,000. I am thinking Monocog flight. What do yall think? Unit or XXIX, I am kind of missing the RITA and the RIG is to many $$$
    Thanks for being over there, working for peace. Regardless of my political views, I'm grateful that you're on watch for the rest of us.

I think when you get home you should buy whatever TF you want, regardless of cost. And you should ride it everyday like you'll never get another chance to ride it again. You should live it and love it... every minute.

Life is short. You've paid your dues. Dream it. Do it.

Thanks again.

--Sparty

P.S. I also think it's awesome that F Squirrel asked and question and p nut answered.
    disciplesofdirt.org

We don't quit riding because we get old.
    We get old because we quit riding.

mtbr member
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparticus
    Thanks for being over there, working for peace. Regardless of my political views, I'm grateful that you're on watch for the rest of us.

I think when you get home you should buy whatever TF you want, regardless of cost. And you should ride it everyday like you'll never get another chance to ride it again. You should live it and love it... every minute.

Life is short. You've paid your dues. Dream it. Do it.

Thanks again.

--Sparty

P.S. I also think it's awesome that F Squirrel asked and question and p nut answered.
    Ummm, he didn't say WHY he is was in Iraq. Not everyone over there is in the military. You might also consider that if your assumption is correct, people in the military usually aren't paid all that well. So it's pretty horrible advice to suggest that he spend tons of money (go into debt) on a bike. Very presumptous and insulting if you ask me. Especially all the meaningless phrases like "working for peace" and "grateful that you're on watch for the rest of us". Perhaps you should offer to lick the dirt off whatever mountain bike the OP ends up buying. Better yet, why not buy the man a bike yourself, given all your excessive gratitude? Sheesh.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Thor29
    Ummm, he didn't say WHY he is was in Iraq. Not everyone over there is in the military. You might also consider that if your assumption is correct, people in the military usually aren't paid all that well. So it's pretty horrible advice to suggest that he spend tons of money (go into debt) on a bike. Very presumptous and insulting if you ask me. Especially all the meaningless phrases like "working for peace" and "grateful that you're on watch for the rest of us". Perhaps you should offer to lick the dirt off whatever mountain bike the OP ends up buying. Better yet, why not buy the man a bike yourself, given all your excessive gratitude? Sheesh.
    Pump the brakes bro!!! Sparty was just being positive. Who pooped in your Rice Crispies???

mtbr member
    May 2010
    I am thinking the flight too. I think I just wanted to hear it from you. I have never posted to any forum .. ever. I havent had a geared bike in 8 or 9 years. I want to clean out my savings to build up that new Ibis tranny, I would give her a good home. I kind of am working for peace over here, I am an army medic. For a while I had my some 415 out here but I have packed her up to go home, my unit's mission is almost complete. I just want to test the 29 water (again).

wheelmanron
    May 2009
    I have a Flight and I LOVE it. I ride in southeast MA and it does everything I ask it to better than anything I have had in a long time, maybe ever. Any questions, just ask.

Members who have read this thread: 0