What XT crank is this?

What XT crank is this?

Is that a stock ring?

Does it have/use a spider?

More pics here:
    http://www.kogswellowners.com/pics2/tomsanderson
    Attached Images Attached Images

Witty McWitterson
    If I'm not mistaken, it's an '03 model. They use a spider attachemnt similar to XTR. Its a 64/104 bolt pattern. Pretty sweet looking bike. I wish they'd build one to fit me dammit. And I wish they'd build that MTB they've been thinking about forever now.
    Just a regular guy.

formerly ss-nyc
    Feb 2004

Thanks and...

Quote Originally Posted by ~martini~
    If I'm not mistaken, it's an '03 model. They use a spider attachemnt similar to XTR. Its a 64/104 bolt pattern. Pretty sweet looking bike. I wish they'd build one to fit me dammit. And I wish they'd build that MTB they've been thinking about forever now.

It's a nice ride. I love mine (pictured here) but thought I might change it around a bit and use the XT cranks. Nothings wrong with mine but I never feel like any bike I ever build is actually "done". It's a sickness which I am sure many people can understand.

I wish they would make a MTB too. All I can say is that a very cool new frame "should" be coming late summer or early fall. As far as rumors go: canti posts, 700c/29er wheels with room for really big tires, and horizontal dropouts for single/fixed or derailleur application. This is still a rumor but like Surly rumors they usually come true.

As for fit, what size road bike do you use? A fixed frame with a higher bottom bracket (compared to a road bike) should be fitted one size smaller like a cross bike. I ride a 54cm road bike which means that I should have purchased a 52cm Kogswell but since they do not make one I just got the 54 and said the heck with standover clearance which is not as much a problem on a road bike anyway.

Thanks again!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Witty McWitterson
    I'm 6'5". The 58 just wouldn't fit. Besides, the TT is too short. The P1 they're coming out with is too spendy. I like the price of the fixy. I think that a mugged MTB with Surly KM-style horizontals would sell like hotcakes. His models actually remind me a bit of Vanilla's and we all know what a Vanilla sighting does to this board. You can literally hear the drool hitting the floor! I'll certainly keep my eyes out for this new model. I'm in the market for a cheaper SS 29" mtb. Can't wait!
    Just a regular guy.

ballbuster

Yep

I go those cranks on my gearie, but the diff between those and the XTRs is that the spider is not removable on the XTs, so no suffer-rings for XT.

artistic...

your cranks

look better and don't use the miserable proprietary shimano octalink whatever..
    why not some phil hubs?? that will have you spend so much you'll forget upgrades for a while...
    WTB: Bomber Z2 1 1/8 steerer, in good to excellent shape OR bomber rebuild kit.

formerly ss-nyc
    Feb 2004

Soon

Quote Originally Posted by colker1
    look better and don't use the miserable proprietary shimano octalink whatever..
    why not some phil hubs?? that will have you spend so much you'll forget upgrades for a while...

Phil hubs will be going on the future custom fixie frame that will be made out of good old Titanium. I have started "the fund" already.