What tool fits freehub lockring on GF Rig?- Mtbr.com
    Trail Ninja

What tool fits freehub lockring on GF Rig?

The only tool that I can find that remotely fits the pattern on the lockring on a 07 GF Rig (Black w/Reba version) is a Park BBT-18 (ISIS external bearing cup adapter) but it doesn't fit on it exactly and doesn't quite reach the lockring with it threaded all the way in on the freehub with the stock 18T on it. It works alright if I use a single speed cog that has a spacer built in (a 14T that I have for city riding), since it half fits on the lockring well enough to get some torque. Not wanting to damage the lockring with some ghetto maintenance, I'm wondering if anyone knows which tool is best suited for the job.

What I'm trying to do is put the stock 18T back on to play with the Rig climbing up 2000+ ft mountains (and also replace the chain). 14T is barely acceptable when going up short hills, but I doubt I have the endurance to pedal it up a really long climb that exhausts me to fully ride up on my geared bike. I'm considering just going to the shop to get a spacer and ghetto tighten it just to be able to ride it.

Apr 2007

Hozan tool?

Members who have read this thread: 0