What a ride! Newbie on a 9'er SS- Mtbr.com
    [NEC] No Excuses Campaign
    Jun 2009

What a ride! Newbie on a 9'er SS

So I've been riding a road bike on and off for 22+ years...more off than on I'd say. Had a couple mountain bikes but they rarely saw dirt. I started riding again, both the mountain and road bike about 2 weeks ago. The wife says, "I wanna ride with you", she has no bike but fits my MTB pretty well. Then out comes "I'll ride this one and you can buy a new one".
    Soooo, I've always wanted an SS just never committed to building one. I find this http://www.nashbar.com/bikes/Product...00_10000_17004 and figure, for the price, why not.
    Now I don't know anything about 9'ers but I gotta say, WHAT FUN!. I did a ride with a couple experienced, in shape, or so I thought, riders and rode circles around them.
    9's smoothed out the bumps and the sand? well I just cruised through the sand like it was hard pack.
    Needless to say, I can't wait to ride with them again this weekend. In their defense, we did a lot of sand and the 9's floated on top well.
    I found having only SS was poetry. While they would "click" and "clank" and sit on their arses, I would just stand and crank right up the hills.
    Considering where I live, I'm stoked to have this bike in my stable.

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    Glad you enyoed it so much. SS brings a new.....or old, feeling back to riding. Does that frame have horizontal dropouts or is it an EBB?

[NEC] No Excuses Campaign
    Jun 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by The Diesel
    Glad you enyoed it so much. SS brings a new.....or old, feeling back to riding. Does that frame have horizontal dropouts or is it an EBB?
    Horizontal dropout...very simple and amazingly light a true 27 lbs.

Members who have read this thread: 0