What Forks For Fat Tyre ?help- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

What Forks For Fat Tyre ?help

HI i was going to sell my new genesis io sspeed but have changed my mind,ok ive sold the forks out of it ,can somebody please tell me what ridgid fork to use so i can fit a nice fat front tyre ? can anybody else tell me whats the fatest tyre i could run at rear specof bike below please thank you

http://www.genesisbikes.co.uk/bikes/...d/io/geometry/
    http://www.genesisbikes.co.uk/bikes/...pecifications/

mtbr member
    Are you talking Puglsey fat, or just a really big AM type tire?

As for the rear there is no way for us to tell based on geometry. You either have to physically test it or try to measure the chainstay and seatstay inside widths and compare against real world tire measurements

mtbr member
    am type tire please i think im running 2.2 at the min

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by mollski
    am type tire please i think im running 2.2 at the min
    Ah, ok. Most rigid forks, carbon or steel, will fit that size tire with room to spare. If you're going with steel I would suggest the Salsa Cromoto as a good place to start

mtbr member
    thanks for your time and help boomn if i get the salas cromoto forks whats the fatest tyre i can run on a normal size mtb rim with these forks please?

mtbr member
    thanks for your time and help boomn if i get the salas cromoto forks whats the fatest tyre i can run on a normal size mtb rim with these forks please?
    I don't know myself as I don't own one. I've seen pictures of them (and the 29er version) with big tires but we will have to wait for someone that owns one to give real examples or measurements. Like I said, most modern rigid forks will fit big tires with room to spare. I've seen the Karate Monkey fork (cousin of the Cromoto 29er) with a full size 2.4" tire with plenty of room too

mtbr member
    I have that Salsa fork, and it will fit any size 26" tire on a normal size rim. I am running a Surly Endomorph 3.7" tire and it fits no problem. I am not sure what you are looking to do with your bike, maybe give us more info.

Mark

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    I have a rigid Carbon Shimano Pro fork for a 26" that I would sell. I bought it new three months ago and decided to go back to a suspension fork.

As far as a rigid fork it is great! I live in the midwest where the trails are pretty rough, so that is why I am switching back.

Let me know if your interested, but no big deal as I do not have to sell it.

I run a 2.35 Nevegal with plenty of room to spare

Thanks,

Brad

PS. I would take $100.00 plus shipping if you want it.

HI i was going to sell my new genesis io sspeed but have changed my mind,ok ive sold the forks out of it ,can somebody please tell me what ridgid fork to use so i can fit a nice fat front tyre ? can anybody else tell me whats the fatest tyre i could run at rear specof bike below please thank you

http://www.genesisbikes.co.uk/bikes/...d/io/geometry/
    http://www.genesisbikes.co.uk/bikes/...pecifications/
    Last edited by brad7325; 01-30-2010 at 07:33 AM.

mtbr member
    My daughter has an On-One carbon fork on her io. Plenty room for a fat tyre.

There was nothing wrong with the original fork, but this is lighter.
    As little bike as possible, as silent as possible.
    Latitude: 5736' Highlands, Scotland

Members who have read this thread: 0