what compaies offer ss frames with lifetime warrenties?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Oct 2008

what compaies offer ss frames with lifetime warrenties?

Brothes and Sisters,
    I come before you today seeking your guidence. I am currently riding a Niner AIR9 set up ss using (gasp) a tensioner. Recently I have been running into trouble with this set up. It has been great for the first 700 miles but now I have been dropping the chain occasionally. I have purchased a new chain and now I am having other troubles, but that is another thread. So, my solution is to purchase a ss frame from a company that has lifetime warrenties. If not for the warrenty I would get the one9. I love the air9's geometry and racy feeling I get from it. Thanks for the suggestions.
    Ben

WNC Native
    I know for sure that Trek, Kona, and Redline have lifetime warranty to the original purchaser.
    "I ride to clear my head, my head is clearer when I'm riding SS. Therefore, I choose to ride SS."~ Fullrange Drew

mtbr member
    Dec 2008
    Specialized.

Apr 2007
    I say don't worry about the warranty. Chances are, you will never end up using the warranty. You will either sell the bike, break/wreck it, or keep it for a real long time with no issues. Mostly all companies will give you some kind of cheap crash replacement pricing anyway.

Get a frame that fits right and makes you smile.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by 06whitetaco View Post
    Brothes and Sisters,
    I come before you today seeking your guidence. I am currently riding a Niner AIR9 set up ss using (gasp) a tensioner. Recently I have been running into trouble with this set up. It has been great for the first 700 miles but now I have been dropping the chain occasionally. I have purchased a new chain and now I am having other troubles, but that is another thread. So, my solution is to purchase a ss frame from a company that has lifetime warrenties. If not for the warrenty I would get the one9. I love the air9's geometry and racy feeling I get from it. Thanks for the suggestions.
    Ben
    You can run an ENO rear hub or the Beer external eccentric bottom bracket and keep your frame.

mtbr member
    Salsa
    They offer lifetime warranty on their Ti frames. The Selma Ti is the SS specific frame and I beleive the Ti El Mariachi has an EBB along with a RD hanger and cable stops.
    Its all Shits and Giggles until somebody Giggles and Shits

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    Take a look at Jamis the 2012 SS frame is 853 compared to the the 520 they were using on the SS version frame like my 2009 I also have the 2009 geared in 853 great ride

JAMIS BICYCLES - AVAILABLE FRAMESETS

banned
    Raleigh XXIX

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    You may have changed my mind, along with the recent price drop on the 2011 one9. Thanks for all the replies.
    Quote Originally Posted by p nut View Post
    I say don't worry about the warranty. Chances are, you will never end up using the warranty. You will either sell the bike, break/wreck it, or keep it for a real long time with no issues. Mostly all companies will give you some kind of cheap crash replacement pricing anyway.

Get a frame that fits right and makes you smile.