Well this is a fine mess- Mtbr.com
    Retro Grouch

Well this is a fine mess

In my last thread I discussed the death of my Marzocchi Superfly fork and what to do with the Bontrager Privateer it was attached to. Well, I was cruising ebay yesterday and I saw this Marzocchi EXR Pro with less than an hour for $5.00. The poster did not seem to know (or give) any information about the fork, but thinking any fork has got to be worth more than $5.00 I bet $10.00 on it and won it for $5.50. Granted, it's a 100mm and I wanted an 80mm, buy it's certainly better than retiring the bike. Also, I don't even know if it's coil or air. Anyone know any more about this fork?
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Just one more rep and I get the toaster!

openwound
    What does it have on it as far as fiddly bits -- an air valve only? Any external knobs?

If it's an air/oil fork, I'd definitely open it up and change the oil. If it's a spring fork, I know I've got some old Marzocchi springs lying about that I'd be happy to send to you so you can play with it a bit. And though they cost more than what you paid for it, Enduro does make seals for that bad boy.
    -- let's ride

Retro Grouch
    Quote Originally Posted by voodoochild
    What does it have on it as far as fiddly bits -- an air valve only? Any external knobs?

If it's an air/oil fork, I'd definitely open it up and change the oil. If it's a spring fork, I know I've got some old Marzocchi springs lying about that I'd be happy to send to you so you can play with it a bit. And though they cost more than what you paid for it, Enduro does make seals for that bad boy.
    Again, I don't know the answers to any of your questions, because the seller only stated he had bought it several years earlier and discovered his bike had a 1" head tube. I guess I'll just have to wait until I get the fork in the mail.

openwound
    Ah, my bad. I thought you'd already received it. Guess I gotta learn to read the post first...
    -- let's ride

mtbr member
    This is the only thing I could dig up in a search. http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=58811
    If you want all the comforts of home, stay there.

Rides, Reviews, Races and Random Thoughts

Mtbr Forum Sponsor - Homebrewed Components
    Jul 2006
    why would you retire the bike? If it's an 1 1/8" fork, you have tons of options, more suited for it. Unless it's a cost thing, which is understandable. How's the crash recovery going?

Retro Grouch
    Quote Originally Posted by gord962
    This is the only thing I could dig up in a search. http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=58811
    Thanks for the detective work. I guess I'm going to have to just wait till I get the fork to know how good it's going to work.
    Last edited by aka brad; 12-12-2010 at 09:12 PM.

Retro Grouch
    Quote Originally Posted by ISuckAtRiding
    why would you retire the bike? If it's an 1 1/8" fork, you have tons of options, more suited for it. Unless it's a cost thing, which is understandable. How's the crash recovery going?
    Yes it's a cost thing and I no longer ride the bike. My recovery has been great. I been riding for the last 3 weeks and switched over to fixed gear road riding to put in some miles before the Solvang Century in March.

Ovaries on the Outside
    Quote Originally Posted by aka brad
    Yes it's a cost thing and I no longer ride the bike.
    Seriously, man, I can ride it for you.

Retro Grouch
    Quote Originally Posted by umarth
    Great, next time you're in California, drop by Santa Cruz and we'll tear up some demo forest singletrack; the Bonty will be your designated ride!

Mtbr Forum Sponsor - Homebrewed Components
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by umarth
    that's what he said!

mtbr member
    It looks like a 04/05 EXR Pro . Should be made in Italy as the older Marzocchi forks were .

UPDATE: Found a review that should belong to that fork (http://www.mtbr.com/cat/older-catego...3_1539crx.aspx)

Well that fork should be an air fork then .

mtbr member
    why is this in the single-speed forum?

Low Rep Count
    Only because he had a thread dealing with his old Bonty that is an SS but in need of a fork. He was simply updating all of us that were following the other thread!

Members who have read this thread: 0