Well, the Cuss is finally finished ...- Mtbr.com
    Retired at 39

Well, the Cuss is finally finished ...

Lots of aluminum and some carbon too. Interested to see how the DT Swiss XR 4.1d's work out ... I went for them at the very last minute over the Mavic XC 717's
    She's quite a shift from my FS rig, but a ton lighter.
    I also picked up a steel frame to work on this winter ... just in case my old bones don't survive this project.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by siochain; 06-25-2004 at 05:26 PM.

mtbr member
    Jun 2004

?

are those michelin road tires?front fork carno too? give me some more specs for the bike please im looking to upgrade me monocog and could use the specs for possibly my bike thanks.

Retired at 39
    Quote Originally Posted by gelst
    are those michelin road tires?front fork carno too? give me some more specs for the bike please im looking to upgrade me monocog and could use the specs for possibly my bike thanks.
    The tires are Michelin Wildgripper Jet S 26 x 2.0 MTB tires. They are great here on hard packed trails, and the absence of knobs in the center gives them a low roll-resistance sp? on pavement as well. The fork is a Pace RC 31 XC Carbon mtb fork. REALLY light (about .6kg) and stiff. Pace is a British company, but the RC 31's can be had here ... if interested, check Ebay, or ask some of the guys here ... a used one in good shape will run you about 250USD.

- Kooka XC cranks / RaceFace BB
    - Spot chainring, guard & chain tugs
    - Paul Word Disk hubs / DT Swiss rims
    - Jones Ti bar, Jones grips/bar plugs / Altek levers / Kore Elite stem
    - Selle Oktavia saddle / USE Alien carbon seatpost
    - Avid Disc Brakes, Flak Jacket cables / Hope Gothic rotors
    - Hope XC headset, seatpost collar & cable guides (canti plugs)
    - SRP chainring bolts, crank caps
    - SRAM chain

That should do it - I have not put her through all the hoops yet, so I cannot yet vouch for the setup. So far, so good. She climbs like mad with the carbon fork, but it comes with a price (compared to a suspension fork) --- so as usual, there is give and take with everything; especially when you lean toward an extreme.
    If I could still have my old 97 or 98 Atom Bomb back, 76mm of USEFUL travel - but in a disk version - I'd put her on in a flash.

TR
    Angry bunny
    Always loved that Bianchi colour.
    Nice bike. Looks great.

Retired at 39
    Quote Originally Posted by toowoombarider
    Always loved that Bianchi colour.
    Nice bike. Looks great.
    Who rides the singlespeed ... B1 or B2?

TR
    Angry bunny
    Neither.
    They ride a tandem.

"The Dude abides."
    I dont see how Banannas in Pajamas didn't get flack while the purple teletuby started a huge deal with psychos not wanting homosexuality in childrens. To me a walking purple pear with a triangle on its head is a lot more innocent then "Banannas in Pajamas are coming down the stairs," the more you look the more innuendoes you find. Two Banannas sleeping togather, i find that hilarious, not that theres anything wrong with that... Singlespeed content you ask? Try looking up a couple threads, i may have left it up there.

TR
    Angry bunny
    Don't worry MBzip these sleeping arrangments were picked up on over here as were the fact that the bears were in some sort of 3 way relationship.

mtbr member
    Jun 2004

awesome

thanks for responding,with all the specs thats a awesome bike,have fun.i just put some specialized hemisphere armadillos on my monocog and so far they are great,i just ride street though,but im happy with them.

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot

Good job!

Very nice build. Obviously, you put a lot of thought into it.

6x7=Dont Panic!
    Beautiful bike! Whats the final weight?
    Herro prease

Retired at 39
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRedMantra
    Beautiful bike! Whats the final weight?
    21 lbs by digital bathroom scale.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    How are those H-Bars? More and more people are switching to them it seems, at least judging from this board. I know there are more hand positions on them, but the thing I would be afraid of is the extra sweep. How do they ride?
    And that carbon fork- is it really 600g? That's really crazy- are they know for holding up well over time?
    undefined Absolutely must have: Black Machine Tech Zeroflex brake levers (the ones with the rotating leverage adjuster)

Retired at 39
    Quote Originally Posted by uphiller
    How are those H-Bars? More and more people are switching to them it seems, at least judging from this board. I know there are more hand positions on them, but the thing I would be afraid of is the extra sweep. How do they ride?
    And that carbon fork- is it really 600g? That's really crazy- are they know for holding up well over time?
    The bars are great ... no problems with the sweep so far. Great ride .. the ti seems to take out lots of vibration, especially with the design. Here is a like to Jeff Jone's site ... I am saving for one of his ti SS frames .... scroll down to the h-Bars pics, of check out the movie:
    http://www.jonesbikes.com/gallery/default.asp

The fork is said to be 690g with an uncut steerer. Best I can weigh mine in at is 600 or slightly over. Here is a UK user review with link to more (seeing that it is made there):

Strengths:
    The strength, the looks, the weight (under 700 grams!), and of course the pace logo.

Weaknesses:
    Not a suspension fork?

Overall:
    Not a suspension fork, but gives a surprisingly smooth ride. Also it makes flicking up the front end effortless, and gives more control feel than any other suspension fork (ie. more feedback of what exactly your tyres are doing). Anthony Lee.

Performance *****

Reliability *****

Value *****

Overall Rating: *****

...Read all the BIKEmagic Reviews of this product:
    http://www.bikemagic.com/review/revi...RER=2&RPN=3464

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Nice build!

I ordered the same H-bars (no front extensions). Can't wait for mine to arrive this week.

indigosky

Jones

Hey, you might try rotating the H-bars down a little, so your wrists don't bend at such a sharp angle. I found this really helped my control. I love those bars, and will probably never go back to a riser bar. Did you have to change your stem length by much?