Weekend Report: No Camera- Mtbr.com
    Ovaries on the Outside

Weekend Report: No Camera

I did a loop this weekend that I've done before and decided I didn't want to lug around a camera. Kinda huge mistake, as there were some good opportunities for shots and we did get to hike through snow for a half mile.

I do have a screen capture to get things started....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Weekend Report: No Camera-short-alpine.jpg  

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Woah, that's some serious climbing.

Ovaries on the Outside
    Yeah, ignore the gain/loss numbers, they are probably more than double of what actually happened. 2.5k is accurate. And the loop was 16 miles. My GPS and I are still trying to figure out how to get along.

The Brutally Handsome
    Was sunny so I decided to ride even though I was feeling sick. Highlights include having to remove my rear brake because it was interfering with the tire, the weather turning cold and windy, and the trail turning into an active logging unit. I still had a good time!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Weekend Report: No Camera-photo.jpg  

nothing to see here
    That's one big tree.

No riding for me today, just trail maintenance (clearing fallen trees) for 7 hours.
    I see hills.

I want to climb them.

Ovaries on the Outside
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevob
    That's one big tree.

No riding for me today, just trail maintenance (clearing fallen trees) for 7 hours.
    Weekend report- no riding Friday/Saturday?

Still, nice on the trial work. In my area there is a lot of peer pressure to do your part.

nothing to see here
    Quote Originally Posted by umarth
    Weekend report- no riding Friday/Saturday?

Still, nice on the trial work. In my area there is a lot of peer pressure to do your part.
    My weekend ends on Thursday this week.

Here's Saturday's ride write up from downunder...

We ventured up to Buxton and Lake Mountain again yesterday. Eleven riders started the day at Buxton, but we lost a few to other commitments during the day.

Meeting place was coffee at Beechworth Bakery in Healesville.

Then onto Buxton for some nice trails. We did the extended outer loop and then some went and did the short loop to experience the swooping trails down the gully again. Great fast fun.

Lunch in Marysville, where I forgot to take a photo, then up to Lake Mountain. The car's temperature gauge showed 5 degrees, but the breeze made it feel cooler than that. Some felt it more than others.

The trails were as much fun as last, year, if not more so. No ice to contend with yesterday, but plenty of mud. I'd imagine it takes a lot longer to dry out up here. It was nice mud to ride in anyway, not sticky and you could control front and rear slides at the same time with no problem. We did the main track 7 for the first loop, then for the second we took the short detour onto track 8, where there were some really nice granite obstacles with drops and rocky lines to contend with. Awesome fun.

'Twas a great day out with a great (albeit smelly with questionable noises) bunch of fellas.
    I see hills.

I want to climb them.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Yeah, ignore the gain/loss numbers, they are probably more than double of what actually happened. 2.5k is accurate. And the loop was 16 miles. My GPS and I are still trying to figure out how to get along.
    A 3K day is a lot for me. I really good ride. Most of my rides are closer to 2K during the week, and closer to 3K on the weekends.

Good luck sorting out the GPS numbers.

Ovaries on the Outside
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevob
    My weekend ends on Thursday this week.

'Twas a great day out with a great (albeit smelly with questionable noises) bunch of fellas.
    Nice photos. I think it would be awesome to ride in Australia, but I'd be in constant fear of koala attack.

Quote Originally Posted by Wish I Were Riding
    A 3K day is a lot for me. I really good ride. Most of my rides are closer to 2K during the week, and closer to 3K on the weekends.

Good luck sorting out the GPS numbers.
    Don't count on me sorting anything out. I am mostly dumb, most of the time.

I'm trying to get to the point that I can crank some serious altitude out- previously, 8k weekends were my highs, but I am going to bump that up to be weekend norms. I think this week I will clear 10k fairly easily. We'll see at the next report...

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Don't count on me sorting anything out. I am mostly dumb, most of the time.
    Back of the line bud.

I'm trying to get to the point that I can crank some serious altitude out- previously, 8k weekends were my highs, but I am going to bump that up to be weekend norms. I think this week I will clear 10k fairly easily. We'll see at the next report...
    Well that should be easy if you don't change your GPS.

Members who have read this thread: 0