we suck a lot- Mtbr.com

Thread: we suck a lot

mtbr member

we suck a lot

Us bikes suck a lot.

Look at this guy. He's carrying home a freakin' washing machine...and us? we worry if our chains are tensioned enough. We worry about hydraulic vs cable discs. We worry about steel vs scandium characteristics...and most of us worry about gas prices, feeding the family, job, etc.

Who knows the story behind this guy (got this from Yahoo news), but that shows to me, not dedication, but the cliche of "do with what you have"

We suck...a lot.
    Last edited by ernesto_from_Wisconsin; 02-06-2007 at 07:09 PM.

Probably drunk right now

Maybe he does too?

Quote Originally Posted by ernesto_from_Wisconsin
    Us bikes suck a lot.

Look at this guy. He's carrying home a freakin' washing machine...and us? we worry if our chains are tensioned enough. We worry about hydraulic vs cable discs. We worry about steel vs scandium characteristics...and most of us worry about gas prices, feeding the family, job, etc.

Who knows the story behind this guy (got this from Yahoo news), but that shows to me, not dedication, but the cliche of "do with what you have"

We suck...a lot.
    Judging by the packaging that looks less like a washing machine and more like an Asian sex chair with the optional vibramotor attachment stacked on top. If I were heading home with a sex chair, you can bet your ass I'd be motivated to find a way to get it there.

Ken

try driving your car less
    Quote Originally Posted by Ken in KC
    Judging by the packaging that looks less like a washing machine and more like an Asian sex chair with the optional vibramotor attachment stacked on top. If I were heading home with a sex chair, you can bet your ass I'd be motivated to find a way to get it there.

Ken
    you seem to know a lot about sex chairs.
    Only boring people get bored.

Gaa-zee-raaaa!
    Quote Originally Posted by ernesto_from_Wisconsin
    We suck alot...
    ...about disasters, fires, floods and killer bees...
    Now with more vitriol!

Probably drunk right now

Our little secret, jh...

Quote Originally Posted by jh_on_the_cape
    you seem to know a lot about sex chairs.
    Don't tell anyone but I've been doing a little Sex Chair research. My SO and I have been talking about getting married and I thought I would take a less traditional proposal route by presenting the Sex Chair instead of a ring. I'm certain she'll appreciate the practical nature of the Sex Chair (something we can both use and enjoy) vs. some piece to jewelry.

Ken

Quote Originally Posted by Ken in KC
    Don't tell anyone but I've been doing a little Sex Chair research. My SO and I have been talking about getting married and I thought I would take a less traditional proposal route by presenting the Sex Chair instead of a ring. I'm certain she'll appreciate the practical nature of the Sex Chair (something we can both use and enjoy) vs. some piece to jewelry.

Ken
    just don't get an aluminum one. the ride is harsh!
    google images is fun!

34N 118W

No good overrated

I hope that guy has someone waiting at home to try out the chair with him, 'cuz they don't do you much good when you're single. *A good friend* of mine bought one and put it on his front porch hoping to attract some inquiries from passing females. So far, just a lot of "pervert..." looks. And putting a Surly sticker on it doesn't help attract biker chicks either (at least thats what he told me). He's sending it back for my refund.

off to the Women's Lounge forum-
    HW

PS - I need some new jerseys. Tired of looking at the same dozen or so...
    Last edited by Hollywood; 06-22-2005 at 12:51 PM.

Probably drunk right now

A thought...

Quote Originally Posted by Hollywood
    I hope that guy has someone waiting at home to try out the chair with him, 'cuz they don't do you much good when you're single. *A good friend* of mine bought one and put it on his front porch hoping to attract some inquiries from passing females. So far, just a lot of "pervert..." looks. And putting a Surly sticker on it doesn't help attract biker chicks either (at least thats what he told me). He's sending it back for my refund.

HW

Perhaps your <i>friend</i> should think about upgrading to the suspension model vs. the unsuspended model. You know, to help him improve the ride for an eventual her. Perhaps the Surly sticker was too mainstream. If yo.. er your friend tried something a little less recognizable like say a Trek sticker, I bet the women would be flocking to him.

Ken

Quote Originally Posted by Hollywood

HW

there are dolls you can buy. inflatable ones. ask ken about 'em.

maybe try a cars'r'coffins sticker? or 'smell the sweet santorum'?

blame me for missed rides
    bikes in america are toys. in china they are transportation vehicles in its purest sense. until less than 20 years ago a lot chinese gotta carry propane tanks (more than 100lbs) strapped to <b>one side</b> of the bike to and back from the refill stations. entire family of 3 or 4 would ride on a single bike (dad pedals, 1 kid sits on toptube, mom holding a kid sits on rear rack). lotsa things you wouldn't see in america.

Quote Originally Posted by Godzilla
    ...about disasters, fires, floods and killer bees...
    That's funny, that's exactly the song that started playing in my head when I read the title. I can still hear that chilipeperesque bassline at the end of the verse-
    BWAHCHICKA BWAHCHICKA BWAHCHICKA!

Recovering Weight Weenie
    when i was in thailand a few years back, it wasn't uncommon to see a family of five all riding on the same moped.....