Wanted: Trek Superfly SS in 19.5 with rigid fork 2016- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Oct 2010

Wanted: Trek Superfly SS in 19.5 with rigid fork 2016

I am looking to purchase a fully rigid Trek Superfly. Prefer mint or new. Will consider well used. I will pay the price for a nice one. Thanks for the help. 19.5 size large.

LDC is ded,deth by trollz
    Nov 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by roadsterswap View Post
    I am looking to purchase a fully rigid Trek Superfly. Prefer mint or new. Will consider well used. I will pay the price for a nice one. Thanks for the help. 19.5 size large.
    Theres a wicked one on pinkbike. I9 carbon wheels for 1600.

I have no idea who this person is i just saw it and put on my watch list. Its sick
    http://m.pinkbike.com/buysell/2112238/

Sent from my SM-G360P using Tapatalk
    Ill be out riding, youll still be trolling mtbr. Mtbr, where people who dont ride come to pretend they do.

mtbr member
    Oct 2010
    That is interesting. I saw that someplace else and it was marked sold. I recall the wheels. I will check it out. Thanks.

Nov 2015
    That is interesting. I saw that someplace else and it was marked sold. I recall the wheels. I will check it out. Thanks.
    Thats a sweet deal if you can snag it. Good luck

Ill be out riding, youll still be trolling mtbr. Mtbr, where people who dont ride come to pretend they do.

mtbr member
    Oct 2013
    Not exactly what you are looking for but I have an SS SE Stout 29er for sale.
    Looptail with brushed green finish.

SE Stout 29er Rigid SS Brushed Green Finish For Sale

Rod
    mtbr member
    I think the 2015 Trek sold. I saw an ebay listing from Jan. 3rd. Speaking of ebay, there's currently no superfly SS for sale. I've been hoping to catch one of these for a great price.

Nov 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by Rod View Post
    I think the 2015 Trek sold. I saw an ebay listing from Jan. 3rd. Speaking of ebay, there's currently no superfly SS for sale. I've been hoping to catch one of these for a great price.
    There is a frame or two on Pinkbike. 18.5 i believe. I run a 21.5 maybe a 19 those are super hard to find.

Rod
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by LaneDetroitCity View Post
    There is a frame or two on Pinkbike. 18.5 i believe. I run a 21.5 maybe a 19 those are super hard to find.

I would need a 19 too. You're right, they are super hard to find, especially since i'm picky and i would prefer the 2015 color scheme.

mtbr member
    Oct 2010
    if we are both bidding on one......let me know. We can negotiate who wants it the most!! no use fighting over it and having to pay to much. This used to happen to me when I bought vintage bikes. My buddies would also be bidding. ouch.

Nov 2015
    if we are both bidding on one......let me know. We can negotiate who wants it the most!! no use fighting over it and having to pay to much. This used to happen to me when I bought vintage bikes. My buddies would also be bidding. ouch.
    I dont ebay. Period. Ill buy it now thats it.

mtbr member
    I bought this exact bike in 19.5 new from the local Trek Store (Middletown NJ) last week in December at a deep discount. They showed none online and when I stopped in they looked into it and said they could still get one. Had it in 2 days. They may still have some, one, or none. I'm stopping by Saturday and can ask if you're still looking.

mtbr member
    Oct 2010
    Please do. i need a 19.5. that would be awesome.

mtbr member

mtbr member
    Oct 2010
    no the 19.5 has the top tube to seat post tube support.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct=...86190866093784

mtbr member
    Oct 2010
    you have to scroll down to the picture.

mtbr member
    Oct 2010
    ooops You are right. my bad. i was thinking of the stache 5 by mistake. i can find a stache 5 but i really want the one you posted. have you found one or two you say? that would be awesome.

ignore me im tired.

Nov 2015
    My lbs says the superfly ss framesets are on sale and 950. They have 19.5

mtbr member
    Oct 2010
    I gave them a call and they are checking for me...........??

mtbr member
    I paid $1300 for the ready to ride bike. And they set it up tubeless. I'll give them a call shortly and get
    back

mtbr member
    Oct 2010
    thanks. Web site said no 19.5. i would so do the thing if they had it. funny thing is that i think i can buy on line but i have to pick it up...weird trek rules.

i can buy and pay. you pick up? go back and have it shipped? complicated. trek makes it difficult.

It is sad i bought one the other day used...i thought it was a 19.5 but suspected it was larger......sure enough it is a 21.5. thank good ness my son is 6'2" he loves it. now i am without. what a disaster that was. thanks for the help

mtbr member
    Oct 2010
    the shop called. they can get an 18.5. but my sizing needs a 19.5. i have a 69er in that size and it is right. i also have a 21 and it is wrong.........the 18.5 is just cramped. i have longer torso.
    so i am screwed again. going to have to go used i suppose. i can get a complete bike for 1350......used...............ouch.............in my size but it is a 2015 the black..........bummer. impatient. i wish i could find a new one.................

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    Hmm, I picked up one of the last 18.5 2016's in November for around $1,000 (brand new), but had to upgrade the seat post (XXX) Bars (Bontrager carbon X-lite) Bonty Pro stem, Ergon GX-1(made an unbelievable difference) Bonty Montrose Pro carbon rails saddle, tubeless of course and changed the rear cog to a 16. I only got a few rides on it last year, but the thing is a rocket! I don't care for the Miami Green, but the ladies love it! Good luck finding a 19.5! BK

mtbr member
    Oct 2010
    That is a great list of upgrades. I am going to save that info and when I land mine may follow your example. Thanks.

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    That is a great list of upgrades. I am going to save that info and when I land mine may follow your example. Thanks.
    The upgrades are ok. I need to change out the stock Mustang wheels for some Stans. After that, I will be set. I coulda gone lighter on components, but this is the 4th bike I bought in 2016.
    Did you find one yet?

mtbr member
    Oct 2010
    Yeah sort of off. I could not find one and i found a nice 18.5. I thought I could try it. It shows up today. Then the next day, I found an as new 19.5 so i bought that also!! So I have a quiver......the 21.5 was taken over by my 6'3" son, and I have another son who rides and we will swap out between the other two? So I created interest in riding again with my sons, and we have been going out in Pebble Beach which has good riding and is only a 5 minute ride over. We have been using our older bikes, a GT avalanche, a Cannondale something, and a KHS single speed. We decided we are going to get rid of all our our old rides and enjoy disc brakes. Sure the Pauls are great, and the ano parts are retro, but we are done with that. We just want new rides. It has gotten them and me back in the saddle again, and enjoying the trails together. What more could a dad ask for!? I wanted one bike and ended up with 3............and an instant group ride.

So if anyone wants a reall nice GT avalanche, a cannondale, or a khs ss, a few vintage schwinns, a GT bmx, ......we are clearing out! Riding is more fun than fixing old bikes.