WANTED: bob trailer for sale or trade...- Mtbr.com
    giddy up!

WANTED: bob trailer for sale or trade...

anyone, bueller, bueller? There must be somebody out there?
    www.thepathbikeshop.com

Appalachian Singletrack'n

Have you considered a Yakima?

Lots of places have the Yakima (very similar to the Bob) trailer on closeout. I think Nashbar has them for $169.

FUD

Jan 2004

Good job! yeah...

Quote Originally Posted by Endomaniac
    Lots of places have the Yakima (very similar to the Bob) trailer on closeout. I think Nashbar has them for $169.
    look at the yakima "big tow". I got 2 this winter when gearpro had them for 49 bucks and, of course, sold the other to pay for both... probably still a good deal at 170. Ive had a Bob in the past and theres not any quality difference, only different design. the only main difference is the attachment to the bike. its either more secure or less secure than the Bob's depending on the longevity of the locking mechanism. definitely in its favor is that theres no pins to lose/replace. its got a fairing and a fender, though I had to mod my fender a bit to get it to fit right its pretty maleable plastic so it probably wont break. All around, looks like a good trailer especially for the $.

mtbr member
    I also picked up two for $49 each from gearpro. I couldn't believe the price when I saw it on the best deals page. I browsed over to gearpro and it did in fact say $49. I called them up to make sure it wasn't a misprint and they had some still left in stock. The guy said "we've got a huge stack of them left". I don't think he had any idea how many people would want them for that price. I told my wife I could sell the other on ebay and come out ahead and have a free trailer, but I don't know if I want to sell the other. Just the possiblity of needing two is almost worth keeping it.

Quote Originally Posted by FUD
    look at the yakima "big tow". I got 2 this winter when gearpro had them for 49 bucks and, of course, sold the other to pay for both... probably still a good deal at 170. Ive had a Bob in the past and theres not any quality difference, only different design. the only main difference is the attachment to the bike. its either more secure or less secure than the Bob's depending on the longevity of the locking mechanism. definitely in its favor is that theres no pins to lose/replace. its got a fairing and a fender, though I had to mod my fender a bit to get it to fit right its pretty maleable plastic so it probably wont break. All around, looks like a good trailer especially for the $.

giddy up!

two is one too many!

I think you should sell one! I can't believe that they were selling them for that much.....Do you need a nice 56cm cyclocross frame? We could work a deal? Let me know [email protected]

Quote Originally Posted by phil.
    I also picked up two for $49 each from gearpro. I couldn't believe the price when I saw it on the best deals page. I browsed over to gearpro and it did in fact say $49. I called them up to make sure it wasn't a misprint and they had some still left in stock. The guy said "we've got a huge stack of them left". I don't think he had any idea how many people would want them for that price. I told my wife I could sell the other on ebay and come out ahead and have a free trailer, but I don't know if I want to sell the other. Just the possiblity of needing two is almost worth keeping it.
    www.thepathbikeshop.com

FUD

Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by phil.
    I still think they(gearpro) made some colossal mistake in their pricing. the shipping was only 6 bucks for 2 trailers via fedex too. theres noooo way they made much on these. I should have bought 10.

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    The reason why Yakima is dumping the Big Tow's is because they've discontinued the skewer and attachment parts. But, hey, at $49, who cares.

mtbr member

Whaddya using it for?

Just a warning. If you're planning to do any serious, loaded, off-road touring with it, I'd opt for the suspended model.

My B.O.B Yak cracked 3 times on the great divide route this past summer, and it wasn't overloaded. Though I was riding a full-suspension bike and not exactly taking it easy. Did you know you can get all three wheels airborne?

I finally got sick of having to find welders in the middle of nowwhere and upgraded to the Ibex.

I'm not using the Ibex much now, but I'm not willing to part with it either.
    Sorry.

-Trevor