VooDoo Wanga Chile (slight return)- Mtbr.com
    Bryn Mawr Borracho
    Jan 2004

VooDoo Wanga Chile (slight return)

here's a shot of the new VooDoo Wanga w/sliding dropouts. The first pic is horrible; the angles look all funky, but it's a pretty normal 72/72 on my 20" frame. The second shows the dropouts. Initila impressions are pretty boss. Two major shakedown rides in Fruita last week with no problems. I'll try to post more shots once I decompress after this weekend's Bike Swap. (You do know about the Bike Swap, don't you?) http://www.carsrcoffins.com/gigs.html

-Hurl
    Attached Images Attached Images
    carsrcoffins.com

paintbucket

Good job!

Sweet. I'm looking at the Dambala so its nice to see that pic of the dropouts. Looking forward to a more detailed ride report too.
    When the going gets weird its bedtime.

Brakes?

Good job! Nice Ride Bro!

Nice!

Hope Fruita was good, saw Simon in some pics on Pete Fagerlin's site.

McGruff is still pretty much MIA.

JohnnyD
    STL Trail-Pimp

formerly Giantxc

No why did you have to

go and post that pic? Now that Voodoo's are available again I'm already very tempted to pick up a Wanga One to replace my Haro and seeing one in somebodies hands makes me even more tempted!!!

You said your angles were 72/72, so did Voodoo abandon their 71 degree headtube, 74 degree seattube from before their departure?

mtbr member

Sweet ride...

...but didn't I see that crank/ring set up for sale recently in classifieds? Maybe you bought em.

Looking forward to the bike swap.

Sean

Quote Originally Posted by Hurl
    here's a shot of the new VooDoo Wanga w/sliding dropouts. The first pic is horrible; the angles look all funky, but it's a pretty normal 72/72 on my 20" frame. The second shows the dropouts. Initila impressions are pretty boss. Two major shakedown rides in Fruita last week with no problems. I'll try to post more shots once I decompress after this weekend's Bike Swap. (You do know about the Bike Swap, don't you?) http://www.carsrcoffins.com/gigs.html

-Hurl
    Professional Amateur

Bryn Mawr Borracho
    Jan 2004

same-same, but different

Nope, these are not them. Also note the smooth-running White Industries Eno disc hubs (non-eccentric rear). Super nice build-up, roll forever.
    carsrcoffins.com

paintbucket
    Quote Originally Posted by MrXC
    You said your angles were 72/72, so did Voodoo abandon their 71 degree headtube, 74 degree seattube from before their departure?
    Depends on size. 20"=72/72, 18"=73/71, 17"=74/71.

Specs (albeit limited) are here:
    http://www.bti-usa.com/list.asp?class=ALL&vendor=VD
    When the going gets weird its bedtime.

Recovering Weight Weenie
    Nice ride!
    Excuse my ignorance..but I've seen a few nice rigs w/ the sliding horizontal/quick-release set-up....that are using bolt on rear ends...

Why wouldn't you opt for a Q/R on that vertical dropout? It seems to be that you take away half of the ease of using that great system...having to carry a big wrench w/ you.

Please enlighten...

Witty McWitterson
    Swanky Hurl.

I might be able to make the swap. Depends on what me & the preggy one are up to. We were talking about heading up for Art-a-whirl, and hitting the swap for a bit at the same time. Or we might be having a baby. I'd like to see that rig in person though. Looks nice.
    Just a regular guy.

Life is Noise
    Quote Originally Posted by ~martini~
    I might be able to make the swap. Depends on what me & the preggy one are up to. We were talking about heading up for Art-a-whirl, and hitting the swap for a bit at the same time. Or we might be having a baby. I'd like to see that rig in person though. Looks nice.
    Think of it this way Marty, what is the better story. I went into labor sitting around in La Seuer, or I went into labor at the Strongarm bike swap while my husband was dominating in the relay race.

Witty McWitterson
    HA! yeah...I don't think Lisa'd let a bike anywhere near the car for fear of the actually happening! Last thing she needs is a busted up husband and a baby trying to get out in the same day...
    Just a regular guy.

no gears, no tears
    Quote Originally Posted by Hurl

-Hurl

Sweet. I always kinda wanted a nice steel voodoo SS. Are they availible in Canada yet? And do they have a website?

Bryn Mawr Borracho
    Jan 2004

QR vs. Michael Bolton

The hubs came stock with some pretty sweet 6mm capped dropout bolts. In fact, on these White Ind. hubs, it's the cap that forms the the "lip" to fit into the dropout. I haven't even sighted down the hubs to see if they're hollow to accept a QR. But more than that, I don't think I've ever gone on a ride where that "big, honkin'" 6mm allen wrench has ever been a hindrance. I will be building a pair of wheels around the Surly QR disc hubs, and will give them a shot, too.

-Hurl
    carsrcoffins.com

Not a regular
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by ~martini~
    HA! yeah...I don't think Lisa'd let a bike anywhere near the car for fear of the actually happening! Last thing she needs is a busted up husband and a baby trying to get out in the same day...
    Ah, c'mon ~martini~, you gotta get out on the bike for sanity sake. I was out on a lunch ride heading back to the office when a co-worker pulled up alongside in his car and said my wife called and her water broke and to meet her at the hospital after I finished my ride and showered. She's a keeper.

Members who have read this thread: 0