Voodoo Nzumbi value?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Mar 2004

Voodoo Nzumbi value?

I have a Nzumbi I am going to list on the classified section, but have no clue where to start on price? It is 3 years old, ridden 10-15 times a year. A couple minor scratches. What do you think i should start at? I also need to put some Spot hubs laced to Sun rims up too...any help on this would get me started, I could post it tomorrow.Thanks!

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot

frame only, or complete bike?

i would think that you could probably get as much as $300 for the frame. Those are 853, right?

"Mr. Britannica"

older

Quote Originally Posted by trukweaz
    I have a Nzumbi I am going to list on the classified section, but have no clue where to start on price? It is 3 years old, ridden 10-15 times a year. A couple minor scratches. What do you think i should start at? I also need to put some Spot hubs laced to Sun rims up too...any help on this would get me started, I could post it tomorrow.Thanks!
    It's prob a bit older than that, even if it was a last-year model. Remember, Voodoo USA went belly up several years back. If it's a stock set up, can't see it going for more than $500. That's a typical end price on Ebay for a complete one in non-thrashed condition.

VEGAN ATHLETE Racing
    Yea, i'm pretty sure you couldn't get more than $25 for it. Voodoo is out of business, no warranty, etc. Nobody wants it. But, here's what i'll do. Because you are my friend, i'll give you $50 for it and i'll even be generous enough to pay shipping. This will save you some time and headache. Really, it's what's best for you.

Re: Voodoo. My understanding is that they never went bellyup. They are a Japanese company and a couple years ago stopped importing to the US. I think they are still around and Joe Murray is still designing for them. I used to ride a Voodoo. Loved it.
    Take a look at and consider "liking" our VAR Facebook and VAR Instagram pages.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Voodoos in the US

Quote Originally Posted by voodoovegan
    Yea, i'm pretty sure you couldn't get more than $25 for it. Voodoo is out of business, no warranty, etc. Nobody wants it. But, here's what i'll do. Because you are my friend, i'll give you $50 for it and i'll even be generous enough to pay shipping. This will save you some time and headache. Really, it's what's best for you.

Re: Voodoo. My understanding is that they never went bellyup. They are a Japanese company and a couple years ago stopped importing to the US. I think they are still around and Joe Murray is still designing for them. I used to ride a Voodoo. Loved it.
    You're right, they stopped selling bikes in the US, but they also used to MAKE frames in California, which they no longer do. But Joe Murray was at EuroBike manning the Voodoo booth, and they've started selling frames in the US again through BTI-USA.com. They even have a nice frame with SS/gearing options.

I think you'd probably get $300-ish for the frame if it's in good shape.

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot

Good job! looks like some great stuff!

Quote Originally Posted by useyourdagger
    Joe Murray was at EuroBike manning the Voodoo booth, and they've started selling frames in the US again through BTI-USA.com. They even have a nice frame with SS/gearing options.
    both the wango and the dambala look pretty cool (slidey kona/rolhoff dropouts); so does the rest of the line, for that matter.

mtbr member
    Mar 2004

Nzumbi is Posted!!

Tell your friends. Thanks for the 411.

newbie boobie.
    Quote Originally Posted by trukweaz
    Tell your friends. Thanks for the 411.
    didja sell it?
    It ain't easy being human.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Not trukweaz, but...

Quote Originally Posted by donkekus
    didja sell it?
    ...yes he did. I'm the one who bought it. Posted on it a while back if you care to see:

http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=26956

Everything's pretty much the same still, except I switched out the cranks for some 175mm Truvativ's from my parts bin. I liked the longer reach of the 180s on the climbs, but spinning on the flats, I could never get comfortable with them. Love the frame, though... rides like a dream.

-Clo

newbie boobie.
    Quote Originally Posted by cloughja
    ...yes he did. I'm the one who bought it. Posted on it a while back if you care to see:

http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=26956

Everything's pretty much the same still, except I switched out the cranks for some 175mm Truvativ's from my parts bin. I liked the longer reach of the 180s on the climbs, but spinning on the flats, I could never get comfortable with them. Love the frame, though... rides like a dream.

-Clo

Damn you! How much d'ya pay fer it?

There is a 17" for sale right now... but me needs a larger one.

Lucky you. Gotta love the head badge.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by donkekus
    Damn you! How much d'ya pay fer it?

There is a 17" for sale right now... but me needs a larger one.

Lucky you. Gotta love the head badge.
    I don't recall the exact amount, but Kurt gave me a hell of a deal becuase of the paint chips. And yes, I do love that head badge.

Have you checked out the new Voodoos yet? It looks like the same geometry, and I'm pretty sure they still have the badges.

newbie boobie.
    Quote Originally Posted by cloughja
    I don't recall the exact amount, but Kurt gave me a hell of a deal becuase of the paint chips. And yes, I do love that head badge.

Have you checked out the new Voodoos yet? It looks like the same geometry, and I'm pretty sure they still have the badges.
    Lucky man you are. I have an older SOBO that I am converting to SS, ENO style that I got off the board. But, I thought a Nzumbi would be a better one to ride around campus. The fork on the SOBO is probably worth more than an entire used Nzumbi (Pace Rc31 or 1.125 Lefty convert.)

Doesn't look like they have brought back the Nzumbi though...

Would be cool to see the Limba and the new 29er scandium.