Voodoo Nzumbi compared to....- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Voodoo Nzumbi compared to....

I'm thinking of selling my Nzumbi single speed and Yo Eddy for a current Bianchi. The Voodoo is a great bike, but I'd like disc brakes for winter, and wonder if a SASS would be a better match for my 105 mm Bomber? Any of you ride both or know what length fork bike is designed for? Any of you think the Nzumbi would get a decent price if I get serious about this? I have not seen one for sale for a while. Any of you been on both SASS and GUSS?

Thank you.

Nouveau Retrogrouch SuperModerator
    Keep the Nzumbi and buy a Paul Disk Unit for it. No way would I give up the VooDoo and a Yo Eddy for a SASS or GUSS.
    mtbtires.com
    The trouble with common sense is it is no longer common

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    You should have no problems selling the VooDoo. I sold mine last week, and even just doing it locally got every penny back out that I put into it. Granted, I purchased it used at a great price, but you should be able to get a minimum of $200-$300 for the frame, depending on condition.

Whatever! Just crash it!
    Quote Originally Posted by cloughja
    You should have no problems selling the VooDoo. I sold mine last week, and even just doing it locally got every penny back out that I put into it. Granted, I purchased it used at a great price, but you should be able to get a minimum of $200-$300 for the frame, depending on condition.
    I bought Cloughja's VooDoo and am damn happy that I did. It cleaned up beautifully and I'm just waiting on forks before I hit the trails with it. Its a nice bike. Hold onto it.

Peter

PS: cloughja -- The frame is back to all white. It looks great. Thanks!
    If a man talks dirty to a woman, it's sexual harassment. If a woman talks dirty to a man, it's $3.95 per minute.

Bike Wrench Blog ** Unfortunate Series of Events

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Objectionable Material
    PS: cloughja -- The frame is back to all white. It looks great. Thanks!
    Glad you have it looking the way you want. I figured the spots wouldn't be too hard to remove. Did you try to match the original white on the areas that were sanded down?

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Unless You are............

really poor NEVER sell Your Yo. I sold Mine and have regretted it ever since. (It was an original, from before the company was sold and bought back)

Whatever! Just crash it!
    Quote Originally Posted by cloughja
    Glad you have it looking the way you want. I figured the spots wouldn't be too hard to remove. Did you try to match the original white on the areas that were sanded down?
    Yup. I got the color matched, but I didn't really try to do any pearl coat on it. From 10 feet away it looks great. Up close it looks pretty good. Once it is dirty, you'll never tell the difference.

Since those were taken, I've installed the headset, BB, cranks and rear brake. The front brake is ready to install. The wheels are built. I'm pretty much just waiting for the forks to arrive. I got some Surly 1x1s to act as work horses until I find something lighter that I like.

You'll see it on the trails again.

Sorry to sidetrack the topic. Since I posted some photos of a Nzumbi, so I guess it isn't totally off topic.

Have a nice day, dammit!

Peter
    If a man talks dirty to a woman, it's sexual harassment. If a woman talks dirty to a man, it's $3.95 per minute.

Bike Wrench Blog ** Unfortunate Series of Events

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Looks great. I'll have to meet up with you on one of the group rides when I get my KM finished and check it out.

(Okay, I'm done thread-jacking now too)

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by gearless
    really poor NEVER sell Your Yo. I sold Mine and have regretted it ever since. (It was an original, from before the company was sold and bought back)
    I know what you mean, but it would still leave me with 2 - our made in MA Fat turned Burley puller, and a custom Chris Chance road bike. I already got myself to sell my classic lemon yellow Paramount, and Fat City Shock-a-Billy. I figure I should try to keep going saving for my 3 little kids and a bigger home that's not in urbansprawlsville.

stop...safety first

Did that...

I did that switch for the same reason(disc brakes). My logic was the price of new brakes , new wheels and the frame conversion was more than a new bianchi SISS.
    And the bianchi is cheaper. it has broken at the chain stay twice. My 2nd replacement was a SASS which has yet to crack.
    More importantly my 100mm fork jacks the geometry up more on the bianchi than on the voodoo. when I compared their stock rigid forks the voodoo blades were alot longer. It seems the voodoo is better designed for a 100mm fork(and this was six years ago when 80mm was in)
    Is the SASS fun? heck yeah
    Is the voodoo better? yes but not without the disc brakes
    If I could do it over I'd get the voodoo frame converted.

The bianchi does have the non-bling factor that I like. A whole bike for less than your average fox fork.

life is good when THIS is a hard decision

mtbr member
    Bitflogger,

Selling your Yo Eddy? What Size? I have a 18.5" 2000 Bianchi Grizzly steel frame (no disk tabs) or 17.5" Steel Lugged Bianchi Single Speed to possibly trade. - Zap me if your interested - Z

mtbr member

Second that

Quote Originally Posted by shiggy
    Keep the Nzumbi and buy a Paul Disk Unit for it. No way would I give up the VooDoo and a Yo Eddy for a SASS or GUSS.
    Listen to Shiggy on this one.

I would add that you could run the Nzumbi with a mullet.
    James
    ---------------
    my bike sucks!

mtbr member
    I have a Sass. Rode the heck out of it last year and no problems yet so far. As far as fork length, i inquired to Bianchi on this and was recommended to use 80mm fork so the geometry didn't get all funky. The 100mm pushes the front end up a bit too much.