Utility trailer for single speeds?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Utility trailer for single speeds?

I'm interested in picking up a utility trailer for use behind my single speed mountain and road bikes. I know some of these trailers attach via the bicycle rear axle, and I'm wondering if any models work better with horizontal dropouts than others. I've looked at the B.O.B models, the Croozer models, and the Burley models. Anybody feedback from those with experience with utility trailers?

Thanks!

Flat Pluto Society
    I have lots of time with the BOB, but couldn't tell you if the dropouts would matter- are you using a nutted axle? BOB nuts screw right on the ends of the axles- piece o' cake.

No complaints w/ the BOB whatsoever. It's lasted many, many years, mostly towing tools for trailwork. I had a yoke welded on the back for the toolhandles to rest in.

They're not cheap, but I think if you're an IMBA member you get some $$ off.

Edit: Oh, yeah- have towed several dogs in it, too.
    Anti demagogue.

Hogan Lake blog. A section of Hogan Lake trails here.

mtbr member
    Both of my wheelsets are bolt-on, does that eliminate B.O.B as a possibility? I'm not interested in hub conversion.

mtbr member
    Use B.O.B. nutz for bolt-on hubs.

http://www.bobgear.com/accessories/a...essories_id=14

Rhino
    I love my BOB. I use it on my single speed with nuts and on another SS road bike with QR. Nashbar has some cheaper clone trailers I believe. I have the BOB with shock. I don't know if the shock is needed, but its what I have.

Rhino
    I love my BOB. I use it on my single speed with nuts and on another SS road bike with QR. Nashbar has some cheaper clone trailers I believe. I have the BOB with shock. I don't know if the shock is needed, but its what I have.

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    Bikes at work trailers connect from a thingy that comes off the chainstays and seatstays.

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    Take a look at these http://www.dluxfab.com/. You will need to click on 'Bike Trailers'. They seem like a good fit to what you're after.

Flat Pluto Society
    Quote Originally Posted by jon.moab
    Take a look at these http://www.dluxfab.com/. You will need to click on 'Bike Trailers'. They seem like a good fit to what you're after.
    Wow- I like the trailer they have to haul bikes! (Under 'Mule')
    Anti demagogue.

mtbr member
    Any recommended trailers that attach to a seat tube?

mtbr member
    I'm most intrigued by the B.O.B, but even with the "nutz" accessory I don't think it would attach to my mountain bike, which has a Hope hub with a bolt for each side. What are some trailer models that will work with my hub?

Flat Pluto Society
    Quote Originally Posted by mattbryant2
    I'm most intrigued by the B.O.B, but even with the "nutz" accessory I don't think it would attach to my mountain bike, which has a Hope hub with a bolt for each side. What are some trailer models that will work with my hub?
    Dude, you just aren't trying very hard, are you.
    Anti demagogue.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Finch Platte
    Dude, you just aren't trying very hard, are you.
    As a matter of fact, I've done a ton of research (I've read extensively on about 8 different models), but specific information about how most trailer models are mounted is very difficult, if not impossible to find.

The only models I've been able to find that attach to the seatpost (and seem capable of off-road hauling) are those made by Blue Sky Cycle Carts, but I wanted to know if I had any other options. I also wanted feedback on mounting compatibility from those experienced with particular trailer models.

Members who have read this thread: 0