Upgrades for '08 GT Peace SS- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    May 2011

Upgrades for '08 GT Peace SS

Hey, all! I'm new to the SS scene and I just picked up an '08 GT Peace (26") the other day and got a chance to give it a ride today.
    Decent amount of upgrades including Rockshox SID fork, upgraded stem/bars/seat as well as wheels/tires.

Other than that, its stock. So far I'm thinking of upgrading to BB7's(the current ones are pretty crap) and the levers.

Any other suggestions?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Upgrades for '08 GT Peace SS-img_1808.jpg  

Upgrades for '08 GT Peace SS-img_1809.jpg  

Upgrades for '08 GT Peace SS-img_1810.jpg  

Upgrades for '08 GT Peace SS-img_1812.jpg  

Upgrades for '08 GT Peace SS-img_1814.jpg  

mtbr member
    Anything on the bike not working like you would like for it to? The brakes sound like a reasonable upgrade but if everything else is good, I'd just ride the hell out of it.
    Super snowflake = when an avatar offends you so much you have to cry about it and report it to admin. Life must suck for you.

mtbr member
    May 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Nubster View Post
    Anything on the bike not working like you would like for it to? The brakes sound like a reasonable upgrade but if everything else is good, I'd just ride the hell out of it.
    Pretty much just the brakes, gonna be upgrading soon. Other than that, I've had tons of fun in only a couple of days (and a good workout).

mtbr member
    I have a peace 9r, they are very stout and capable bikes. The brakes will need to be changed to BB7's. And eventually the wheelset, my speed discs did not last long at all.

mtbr member
    May 2011
    Does anyone have any experience with these wheels?
    Easton XC One 26" SS Disc Wheelset > Components > Wheel Goods > Mountain Bike Wheels | Jenson USA Online Bike Shop
    Seem like a good price comparing the sale price to the MSRP.

Members who have read this thread: 0