mtbr member
    Dec 2008

(Un-)Official On-One Whippet Pre-Order Thread

I have searched around but was unable to find a discussion for people that pre-ordered an On-One Whippet. I'm posting in here because, well, the main reason I ordered mine was the swap-out dropouts. Plus, their site said they were shipping January 30th so mine is as good as on the way! I sourced a 445mm rigid carbon fork already. I have SLX cranks, seatpost, saddle, Magura Marta SL, and a Hope pro II/notubes olympic wheelset that I'm going to rebuild with white crest rims. Let's see, what else. Race face 100mm stem, Origin8 offroad Space Bar II, all sorts of chain rings and cogs, Continental mountain kings. I think the only additional part I need to purchase is an FSA Orbit CE headset that they recommend. I'm hoping for a sub 20lb build. Should be doable?

Anyway, I'm starting to babble. Is anyone else psyched about taking delivery of their Whippet XC? Should there be an On-One forum?

mtbr member
    Nov 2006
    My buddy is building one up..last years model! The frame looks cool!
    Good luck!

mtbr member
    Dec 2008
    Where are all the on-one/whippet fans? Looks like they just posted an 18" black Whippet XC to the on-one site for pre-order. Not that I regret getting the white one, but given the choice I probably would have gone with black.

Nouveau Retrogrouch SuperModerator
    Quote Originally Posted by bennymack
    Where are all the on-one/whippet fans? Looks like they just posted an 18" black Whippet XC to the on-one site for pre-order. Not that I regret getting the white one, but given the choice I probably would have gone with black.
    Has yours shipped yet? If not, drop the office an email and ask if they can switch it.

I saw the final samples in November. It is a nice looking frame.
    mtbtires.com
    The trouble with common sense is it is no longer common

mtbr member
    Dec 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by shiggy
    Has yours shipped yet? If not, drop the office an email and ask if they can switch it.

I saw the final samples in November. It is a nice looking frame.
    That's OK. I hate to be a squeaky wheel. Plus the white one will get here sooner so I can start building her up!

mtbr member
    Dec 2008
    I should probably start a new topic in order to get the most knowledgeable eyes... However, does anyone know if this chain guide would work on the "High Direct Mount" of the Whippet frame?

http://www.jensonusa.com/store/produ...+1X+Guide.aspx

mtbr member
    Dec 2008
    And it's no longer SINGLE SPEED related!! Arggghhh.

mtbr member
    Nov 2007

Can it be 650'd?

As long as this is going ot., does anyone know if the rear will fit a Pacenti?

Apr 2007
    Anybody build one of these yet? Looking for a replacement frame for my Stumpjumper and this one caught my eye. I like the swappable drops. And the price.

Mtbr Forum Sponsor - Homebrewed Components
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by p nut
    Anybody build one of these yet? Looking for a replacement frame for my Stumpjumper and this one caught my eye. I like the swappable drops. And the price.
    grab that tranny, you won't regret it. that thing handles like a dream. it wont fit 650b, but trust me, you don't need bigger wheels on that bike, it floats over everything.

mtbr member
    Dec 2008
    I built mine up in time for the 6 Hours of Warrior Creek on April 2nd. I haven't posted pics of it yet because I haven't set it up SS so far. Rest assured I have all the stuff to run it SS.

On-One Whippet rigid 1x9

Right now I actually have a Reba set to 115mm of travel and that's how I'm going to run it at the BURN24.

Can anyone decipher "Carbon Tha Noz"?

Members who have read this thread: 0