Thread: two tone ?

mtbr member
    Mar 2005

New question here. two tone ?

I am in the process of painting my new SS frame, so far I have the rear of the stays and the head tube and some of the down tube and top tube painted w/ two coats of a dark gunmetal grey metalic paint, I might have to wait till this weekend to get the 3rd coat cause of the rain lately. I was hoping for some input and opinion as to what color would go well with a dark gun metal metalic. Yellow, blue, green, white, so far those are the colors that I have been thinking about the most, I will also paint my Kona jump fork to match, probably two tone also.
    I am running mostly black components, Profile cranks, w/a bmx ring w/ integrated guard, thomson post Race face short stem, avid brakes. Any input would be appreciated

FIFI!
    silver would look good IMO. silver, gun metal, black components, would maintain a natural flow of hues ya know.

semi-evolved simian
    So Adam came over today (don't tell anyone, but we went for a road ride. With gears!) and bought the work-in-progress duotone 'cog with him. He's picked a real nice metallic cobalt blue to go with the gunmetal gray. Looking great so far I think the 90s era old school Redline stickers are going to be a perfect finishing touch.
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    Mar 2005

... and if we just ... Thanks Eon

Quote Originally Posted by Mine'sAPint
    So Adam came over today (don't tell anyone, but we went for a road ride. With gears!) and bought the work-in-progress duotone 'cog with him. He's picked a real nice metallic cobalt blue to go with the gunmetal gray. Looking great so far I think the 90s era old school Redline stickers are going to be a perfect finishing touch.
    Thanks for the post, the old redline stickers are actually 1980 vintage.
    MM porter