Tugnut necessary?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Tugnut necessary?

I've been riding my Surly 1x1 through the last two winters and a bit during the summer as well and have never had the rear axle slip(yet). Just wondering how many other 1x1 riders are not using a tugnut? I've been thinking of picking a set up just for a piece of mind while out on the trails this winter.

Thanks all
    "you don't wanna know and I don't know!"

mtbr member

cashews are nuts

Quote Originally Posted by Nuget
    I've been riding my Surly 1x1 through the last two winters and a bit during the summer as well and have never had the rear axle slip(yet). Just wondering how many other 1x1 riders are not using a tugnut? I've been thinking of picking a set up just for a piece of mind while out on the trails this winter.

Thanks all
    I use a tugnut on my fixie's drive side, as well as on my Rock Lobster's horizontal drops. Gives me peace of mind.

mtbr member
    Oct 2004

Maybe

For the past two years I never had any problems with this happening on my karate monkey. Since I screwed a cog on the disk brake side, I have had the wheel slip forward twice now. Even after really cranking the nuts. I have no Idea why its slipping now but I too might have to get the tugnut.

Members who have read this thread: 0