TrickStuff Exzentriker- Mtbr.com
    master blaster

TrickStuff Exzentriker

http://www.trickstuff.de/index.php?p=d110de1
    anyone know if this will work with older isis xtr cranks? and where or how i can get it in the us? or another company that makes something similar in the us?

thanks in advance.

Brian.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by veloreality
    http://www.trickstuff.de/index.php?p=d110de1
    anyone know if this will work with older isis xtr cranks? and where or how i can get it in the us? or another company that makes something similar in the us?

thanks in advance.

Brian.
    Nope, only works with external BB cranksets. The similar US company is Forward Components.

master blaster
    the forward version only works with bb30 style cranks? id much rather us my xtrs which are not bb30 but i do have a set of stylo and slx cranks i could use that are.
    thanks for the quick responce.

mtbr member
    the forward version only works with bb30 style cranks? id much rather us my xtrs which are not bb30 but i do have a set of stylo and slx cranks i could use that are.
    thanks for the quick responce.
    Lol, where did you read that? It doesn't even mention BB30 on the page

It works with the current standard of external bottom bracket cranks from Shimano, Race Face, Truvativ, etc. This includes your SLX crankset and possibly your Stylo as well depending on how recent it is. This is not the same as BB30, if that is what confused you

master blaster
    Quote Originally Posted by boomn
    Lol, where did you read that? It doesn't even mention BB30 on the page

It works with the current standard of external bottom bracket cranks from Shimano, Race Face, Truvativ, etc. This includes your SLX crankset and possibly your Stylo as well depending on how recent it is. This is not the same as BB30, if that is what confused you
    sorry, i slammed a monster beforei did my research. the stylos are 2009. i was thinking all outboard bbs were bb30? so bottom line is they wont work with my older xtr cranks? they are isis but no outboard.

mtbr member
    sorry, i slammed a monster beforei did my research. the stylos are 2009. i was thinking all outboard bbs were bb30? so bottom line is they wont work with my older xtr cranks? they are isis but no outboard.
    Mmm, monster. Anyway...

unfortunately you are correct on the XTRs. You would have to use one of the other cranksets for that adapter to work. You could always keep the XTRs and use a WI Eccentric rear hub to convert the frame to SS.

BTW, BB30 is a similar concept but using a newer and separate standard where the bearings are pressed directly into the frame and also uses a larger spindle.

master blaster
    Quote Originally Posted by boomn
    Mmm, monster. Anyway...

unfortunately you are correct on the XTRs. You would have to use one of the other cranksets for that adapter to work. You could always keep the XTRs and use a WI Eccentric rear hub to convert the frame to SS.

BTW, BB30 is a similar concept but using a newer and separate standard where the bearings are pressed directly into the frame and also uses a larger spindle.
    ok. i understand now. id be fine with that, but i just got a king hub so ill just throw my other cranks on.
    thanks

banned

shimano made an isis?

it should be an octalink if its a shimano and previous to an outboard system.

mtbr member
    ok. i understand now. id be fine with that, but i just got a king hub so ill just throw my other cranks on.
    thanks
    glad to help

Members who have read this thread: 0