Views: 544
Size:  2.4 KB

Name:  tn.jpg
Views: 541
Size:  3.2 KB

Name:  tn.jpg1.jpg
Views: 543
Size:  2.9 KB

I got the frame on Thursday, built the bike on Friday, raced it on Saturday, and got hardware. What a deal!!! The frame I ordered was from J.W. Racing a ti frame maker out of China. They made it to my specs and I was able to use parts I had on my monocog. The ride was just what I was looking for, knee pain down 95% and back pain zero. It was quite an amazing ride. The photos do not do the bike justice, still dirty, blackberry camera, garage lighting. I am taken back by how well it came together and just want to share.

aka "SirLurkAlot"
    Mar 2010
    Wow. Congrats!

What did you change that eliminated the knee pain?

Out spokin'
    Quote Originally Posted by todd buckingham
    ... The photos do not do the bike justice...
    You couldn't be more right. Please, please, please... mo' bettah faux toes.

--sParty
    disciplesofdirt.org

We don't quit riding because we get old.
    We get old because we quit riding.

Free your heel...
    Very cool bike. I checked out the web site and it looks like they make cool stuff.
    A few questions...How did you order, was there alot of back and forth with the custom ordering? What was the wait time for building and shipping? How much for frame and shipping (if you don't mind telling us)?

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    On the knee and back pain I looked hard at how I fit the bike. I found that I was way outside recommended fit guide lines even thought I had the biggest bike on the market and I dont consider myself that big at 6'4.75". Here is what I found out, that fit all starts at the pedal platform which is the BB and Crank arms. If you start with the right size cranks then, the right BB height, then the right saddle position. Being a single speed 29er freak I looked at Zinn Cycles website and Jeff Jones website and Don McClung's work. I got my knee more centered over the pedal, it is still not exactly where I want it as I still have the new cranks to get but it is within .75". For my 48 year old back, ran a shorter top tube than normal while keeping an eye on toelap.

On the frame email wjack6665@gmail.com he can answer your questions. I told him exactly what I wanted and he had to me inside 3 weeks and it cost me $769 shipping inculded. Here's what I ordered.

29er SS frame with V-Brake and Disc brake tabs
    head angle 72
    seat angle 72
    top tube 620
    chain stays 445
    bb drop 45
    fork offset 39
    wheel base about 1097
    seat tube 534
    head tube 110
    standover 841

On the faux toes, once the sun comes out I will see if I can get better lighting, they are forcasting rain this week, which really hurts the riding and the toes.

aka "SirLurkAlot"
    Mar 2010
    Let me first state that I'm not a pro photographer. But, I can't discern much from those shots.

You're killing us. Better photos or we'll alert the monitors to the torture you're inflicting. Since it's impossible to see, what type of rear dropout are you using?

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    The drop outs are basic track ends, see J.W. Racing website. I will take more photos

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by todd buckingham
    The drop outs are basic track ends, see J.W. Racing website. I will take more photos
    any more ride updates since the build? how did you determine what the best sizing was for you? do you have a good web resource that I can use to make measurements and translate that into geometry specs? I don't want to walk into my LBS and get sized, only to order from someone else.
    ti Nuke Proof SS
    ti Moots Mooto X YBB

mtbr member
    Jan 2011
    I am considering a Titanium frame from J W racing too. Did you consider J&L also? I am 6-3" 230 lbs - Looking at their 22" frame size - trying to decide. The fact of them meeting your custum spec requirement is just great - I am trying to duplicate my 22" gt zaskar frame specs. I loved the frames size and know this will work for me. Will they up size the BB to a wider size?

Ovaries on the Outside
    Read the thread heading, then got disappointed quickly.

So much for SSing with gonorrhea.

Members who have read this thread: 0