Trek Superfly SS - USA retailer to APO- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Mar 2016

Trek Superfly SS - USA retailer to APO

Hey folks,

My Cypriot trek dealer has come up blank on a Superfly SS.

He can't get the full bike as we're EU out here, and he can't get the frameset available to the EU in my size

My question is this. Does anyone know of a US retailer who ships Trek Bikes or frame sets to US Armed Forces Post Office/APO?

If so I can go down that route.

Thanks in advance

Rev

mtbr member
    Did you try contacting Trek USA directly? Now that you can order your bike directly online they may be able to handle it. Other option would be to maybe contact a Trek store or two in the US to see if they could help you out.

Also...thank you for your service.
    Signature

mtbr member
    Mar 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by A1an View Post
    Did you try contacting Trek USA directly? Now that you can order your bike directly online they may be able to handle it. Other option would be to maybe contact a Trek store or two in the US to see if they could help you out.

Also...thank you for your service.
    You are welcome, it is my privilege.

Alas Trek US have come back and said that this is not possible.

It appears there is no way, even with an EU Trek dealer in Island, to get the superfly bike or Frameset in a size 20.5/21.5 out here.

Hard to believe in this day and age!

Can anyone suggest any good US retailers of Trek or LBS that I might contact and see if there are willing to ship via the MPO system?

Thanks

Matt

mtbr member
    You just need to change your address. If you regularly work in a building, find out where they take deliveries, see if you can ship to that location. The base post office may let you address the shipment to their building, you just need to ask. Many carriers have an option to hold for pickup at their delivery center.

Do not have anything of value shipped to a barracks unless they have a secured receiving room.
    I will suffer no butt-hurt fools!

mtbr member
    You could try dropping an email to Olivers Cycle Sports in Tampa. The owner, Randy, has been a good guy to deal with based off my past experiences.
    Signature

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    I just checked availability for you. From Trek the frameset in the size you need is not currently available and the complete bike is extremely limited in terms of availability. I would think you could contact any LBS that is an authorized Trek dealer near your home and see what they can do. Usually it is them ordering the bike for you as if you were in the shop. Then they will charge you, build the bike, check all the specs and repack it once they know it is ready to go. It is then between you and the shop to figure out how to get it in your hands. The shop I have been associated with has done this for many different reasons (military, international customers, customers traveling over seas, etc).

mtbr member
    Mar 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by SHowley2003 View Post
    I just checked availability for you. From Trek the frameset in the size you need is not currently available and the complete bike is extremely limited in terms of availability.

Thanks so much for checking, I appreciate that.

This is what my EU Cyprus LBS said, only available in 18.5

What he couldn't tell me is why, whether they were sold out or just didn't ship larger sizes full stop.

Quote Originally Posted by SHowley2003 View Post
    I would think you could contact any LBS that is an authorized Trek dealer near your home and see what they can do.
    No joy, same as you found.

I'm wondering if my only hope is a 2nd hand when they begin to become available, unless a US LBS is willing to ship a whole 21.5/20.5 bike or split and send the frame to the MPO out here.

Gutted!

Matt

mtbr member
    I can't imagine a shop would have a problem breaking a complete bike back down and shipping it to you on your dime. Second hand market seems to be pretty good on these so far. Seen quite a few posted upon Facebook over the last few months.
    Signature

mtbr member
    Mar 2016
    Seen quite a few posted upon Facebook over the last few months.
    Which groups? I'd appreciate a heads up if anyone sees a 20.5/21.5

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by revmatt View Post
    Which groups? I'd appreciate a heads up if anyone sees a 20.5/21.5
    I think this one: https://www.facebook.com/groups/onlineswap/

If I see one pop up I'll shoot you a PM. Been kicking around the idea of selling my 21.5 but haven't made up my mind yet.
    Signature

mtbr member
    Mar 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by MostChillin View Post
    +1 Thank you for your service.

With nicer weather soon upon us, you should find a stronger 2nd hand market. Good luck in your search.
    Thanks for this comment. I did have a look on pinkbike and MTBR, as well as a few other forum classifieds. Eyes are peeled!

If I see one pop up I'll shoot you a PM. Been kicking around the idea of selling my 21.5 but haven't made up my mind yet.
    You should sell to me - would seem like the perfect confluence of events would it not...!

Edit: as long as its the popping green colour!!

Thanks again chaps

Matt

mtbr member
    Purple > Green
    Signature